GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #29
ithrashmotors
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
dont get too excited. as you drive it a couple times itll adapt back to jerking. It always does.

i had the same hopes when i first got the 2.4 flashed then the next day i started off and it was back to "normal" lol

glad you resolved your issue

Yea but can it hurt to dream lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2017, 12:39 AM   #30
ithrashmotors

Hate to say it but this damn mechatronic cover is leaking again. Not a huge dripping leak but there is wetness seeping from the mechatronic gasket AGAIN! Really starting to get pissed off. Less than 1k miles later and it's already leaking. Cleaned the bottom of transmission with brake cleaner and still a day later a very light seepage. Called and spoke to the service manager letting him know that this is ridiculous that his techs have me making a third trip now to have the same gasket changed. Hopefully third time is a charm but I'm not getting my hopes up. I just don't see how a "properly" installed gasket could leak less than 1000 miles later. Really hope they pull the thumb out of their a$$ and get this bitch leak free before they hand me the keys again.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:55 AM   #31
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quit thrashing the motor = problem solved
Old 05-29-2017, 03:22 AM   #32
ithrashmotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Quit thrashing the motor = problem solved

Bahaha! Sad thing is I've been babying it but that doesn't seem to help. I just want it to be leak for once but it refuses to obey.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #33
ithrashmotors

Changed my oil yesterday and noticed the same issue is still occurring. Mechatronic cover/gasket has oil seeping out. Again not enough to drop but enough to see the light amber haze of the dsg gear oil. Really am at a loss for words as this is the 4th time this is happening all repairs done by dealer. Called yesterday and was told this would need to be handled by the service manager when he returns on Monday. Should I even bother taking my car back as they haven't been successful 3 times now?? It's only been 4K miles since the last repair so I'm having a hard time understanding how this is still happening. I cleaned off the underside yesterday and will check again to assess how bad the seepage is but my car is operating totally fine. Should I just pony up and buy parts and take it some where else for repair? It just doesn't feel right having to pay for this when it was covered under warranty and still is. Anyone else have or is having this seepage??? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #34
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
If it's still under warranty then definitely take it back to them! I know how you feel though! I've had a similar issue over the last couple of weeks with a "simple" rear main seal replacement, it took 3 attempts in the end as each time the new seal still leaked!! It was me that eventually worked out that they were fitting it wrong as it is a new revision part and the fitting process had changed, could it be possible they are having a similar issue and are making the same small mistake each time?

Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #35
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
If just replacing the seal is still not working they will have to get deeper into it and replace other parts, insist on it! And maybe even go above the dealership if you feel they're not going to resolve the issue.

Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #36
ithrashmotors

They always wave that "well we have different category leaks". Meaning if it's not dripping it's not a leak. If fluid is moving past a seal that's a leak.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #37
ithrashmotors

Took the car to the dealer yesterday and had them put it on the lift with the shop foreman and my friendly service advisor who doubted my leak. Low and behold it was dripping gear oil the minute they pulled the belly pan. Advisor ofcourse insisted that my apr tune could have caused the leak but the shop foreman agreed with me that my ecu tune has no relation to my gear box leak. Bringing it back next week when parts are in to have it repaired again. Hopefully this is the last of this mess.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #38
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithrashmotors View Post
Took the car to the dealer yesterday and had them put it on the lift with the shop foreman and my friendly service advisor who doubted my leak. Low and behold it was dripping gear oil the minute they pulled the belly pan. Advisor ofcourse insisted that my apr tune could have caused the leak but the shop foreman agreed with me that my ecu tune has no relation to my gear box leak. Bringing it back next week when parts are in to have it repaired again. Hopefully this is the last of this mess.

lucky break there

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote