GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #337
mamock116
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
mamock116's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 590
are you running the stock maf map?
mamock116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #338
pcfoo
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2013 Golf GTI
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
I have a unitronic and got CEL with stage 1+ cobb ots. Code was p0101? Anybody experienced this? Cleared the code and flash to stage 1 everything runs smoother.
Did you use the Stage1+ "stock MAF" Map or the Stage1+ COBB Big SF specific map? Think you should be using the 1st with the Unitronic.
pcfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:14 AM   #339
thewalkingdad
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
thewalkingdad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI DSG
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 480
Anybody hear any scuttlebutt on added features besides the standard tunes?
__________________

Stratified Cobb Stage 2 | IE Cold Air Intake | ST Coilovers | SPM Downpipe | Rev9 Intercooler| 034 Stage 2 DSG Tune, dogbone, insert, mounts & RSB
thewalkingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:00 AM   #340
MK6_Martinez
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: Candy White 2012 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 124
Throwing my hat into the ring here as well...

Have a 2012 GTI which I put a unitronic tune on that ended up blowing my ECU somehow...

After a while of being stock I decided to pull the trigger on Cobb accessport because of the custom tunes. Why would I go with APR or Unitronic other than the fact that they've been tuning the GTI's for a bit longer? I'm pretty sure cobb can tune a GTI if they put their minds to it.

They have. The power is so smooth at stage 1+(stock MAF) that I probably won't end up going stage 2. Very drivable and daily-driver friendly car.
__________________
Cobb Tuned
MK6_Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:32 AM   #341
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6_Martinez View Post
Throwing my hat into the ring here as well...

Have a 2012 GTI which I put a unitronic tune on that ended up blowing my ECU somehow...

After a while of being stock I decided to pull the trigger on Cobb accessport because of the custom tunes. Why would I go with APR or Unitronic other than the fact that they've been tuning the GTI's for a bit longer? I'm pretty sure cobb can tune a GTI if they put their minds to it.

They have. The power is so smooth at stage 1+(stock MAF) that I probably won't end up going stage 2. Very drivable and daily-driver friendly car.
Did you buy the COBB Accesport from Stratified? Youd be silly not to as it contains one of their maps for free which is much better than the OTS cobb one by a long way!
__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #342
COBB Tuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
Drives: 2012 GTI, 2015 GTI, 2016 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalkingdad View Post
Anybody hear any scuttlebutt on added features besides the standard tunes?
Anything you're looking for in particular? We do have plans for additional features in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6_Martinez View Post
Throwing my hat into the ring here as well...

Have a 2012 GTI which I put a unitronic tune on that ended up blowing my ECU somehow...

After a while of being stock I decided to pull the trigger on Cobb accessport because of the custom tunes. Why would I go with APR or Unitronic other than the fact that they've been tuning the GTI's for a bit longer? I'm pretty sure cobb can tune a GTI if they put their minds to it.

They have. The power is so smooth at stage 1+(stock MAF) that I probably won't end up going stage 2. Very drivable and daily-driver friendly car.
Glad to hear you're happy with the Accessport and Stage1+ OTS Map!

Marshall@COBB
COBB Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #343
rawag77
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Anything you're looking for in particular? We do have plans for additional features in the future.

Marshall@COBB
Happy with the tunes and getting ready to go K04. It would be nice if the random reboots/shutdowns were fixed.
rawag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #344
MK6_Martinez
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: Candy White 2012 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
Did you buy the COBB Accesport from Stratified? Youd be silly not to as it contains one of their maps for free which is much better than the OTS cobb one by a long way!
I didn't

Hear me out though, i've gotten the short end of the stick a few times from not buying directly from the manufacturer. I didn't want to deal with that this time, plus I saw that cobb had a 30 day return policy.

Lastly, I just got out of college and got a big boy job. I've been wanting to get tuned again for a long while and now that I can afford it I didn't want to wait for shipping from Canada when Cobb is a US company.

And on top of all that, I live in a populated area (NYC) so I can find dyno tuners near me, as well as go and buy a custom tune from stratified even though I didn't get my AP from them.
__________________
Cobb Tuned
MK6_Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #345
SirClimax
FIA GT Newbie
 
SirClimax's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CSG GTI
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Anything you're looking for in particular? We do have plans for additional features in the future.

Marshall@COBB
I'm hoping we get the feature to switch the direction of shifts for the dsg (like the one that just came out for Porsche) as well as a dsg tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
"As the Spice Girls would say, Spice up Yo Life!" - robeeeerob
"Yeah but house stuff doesnt make your house go faster" - uglybastard

COBB Stage 2/SPM Turboback/IE Intake/Airlift Performance V2/Golf R Front Brakes/Tyrolsport Caliper Stiffening Kit/Slotted Rotors/Stoptech Pads/SS Lines/RBF600 Fluid/Neuspeed Rear Swaybar & Endlinks/VMR V701
SirClimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #346
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Anything you're looking for in particular? We do have plans for additional features in the future.

Marshall@COBB
Stuck record here, just checking in to remind you all that the rest of the world wold like launch control and no lift shift!
__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #347
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6_Martinez View Post
I didn't

Hear me out though, i've gotten the short end of the stick a few times from not buying directly from the manufacturer. I didn't want to deal with that this time, plus I saw that cobb had a 30 day return policy.

Lastly, I just got out of college and got a big boy job. I've been wanting to get tuned again for a long while and now that I can afford it I didn't want to wait for shipping from Canada when Cobb is a US company.

And on top of all that, I live in a populated area (NYC) so I can find dyno tuners near me, as well as go and buy a custom tune from stratified even though I didn't get my AP from them.
I mean i understand.. although buying the cobb AP from stratified is like you buying a dell computer from best buy. Best buy does absolutely nothing besides resell it for Dell. (it still had all the cobb swag in the box as if ordered direct from cobb). They email you their(Stratified) tune (its not pre-loaded).

It took 3 days for their shipping for me they mail mine out of Washington state, probably to avoid customs delays. But yeah now you're gonna pay a few hundred bucks for that dyno tune especially being in a big city.

But i get where you're coming from not attacking you just addressing your statements for if someone else has the same situation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.