GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 09-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #1
avni
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MK6
CAN YOU CLEAN MK6 OEM LED TAILS?

trying to buy used OEM LED TAILS.

he showed me a photo with some plant debris that got inside the reflector area of the lights. He said that he never really attempted to clean it out before he didnt want to mess with the lights.

Does anyone know if its possible to maybe vacuum or open up the OEM LED TAIL LIGHTS to remove this, and properly close them back with out damaging them?

thanks brothers and sisters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tails.jpg (207.1 KB, 135 views)
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
PromoFLB
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
I'm curious also in order to remove stuff inside when such case happens. Please let us know.
2013 CW Wolfsburg GTI: / Airlift Performance 3H / GFB DV+ / Neuspeed P-Flo / Neuspeed Sway Bars / Whiteline Rear Adjustable Endlink / ECStuning Adjustable Front Endlink / Stoptech BBK /SuperPro LCA Kit / OEM LED Tail Lights / TyrolSport Deadset Kits / OSRAM LEDriving Xenarc Headlights
GONE - 2010 UG GTI
PromoFLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Just some life advise... When you post a thread title in all caps, in two different sub-forums, it makes people want to find a way to stab you through their computer screen. Not to mention you will get zero help.
vwgti2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
avni
Autocross Newbie

Sorry my Lord.

Will never happen again LMAO

which is worse caps or double post ? ����
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
Joseph@OnePerfectDose
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 Mashed GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by avni View Post
trying to buy used OEM LED TAILS.

he showed me a photo with some plant debris that got inside the reflector area of the lights. He said that he never really attempted to clean it out before he didnt want to mess with the lights.

Does anyone know if its possible to maybe vacuum or open up the OEM LED TAIL LIGHTS to remove this, and properly close them back with out damaging them?

thanks brothers and sisters
Remove the reverse bulb and vacuum it out. It should come out no problem. You can use a shop vac and insert silicone hose inside the vac hose and cover the excess, then you have a mini shop vac hose.
Joseph@OnePerfectDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:55 PM   #6
krvnked
Rally Car Newbie

one of the first ever posts i made on this website was asking how to remove a dead spider from a headlight on my new at that time car.

the ingenious solution? empty ketchup/windex bottle... attach silicone hose to other end. squeeze bottle, then insert tubing into headlight housing and aim for paint, release bottle to suction it out.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****2.0t View Post
Just some life advise... When you post a thread title in all caps, in two different sub-forums, it makes people want to find a way to stab you through their computer screen. Not to mention you will get zero help.
Guess he got help after all
Old 09-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #8
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph@OnePerfectDose View Post
Remove the reverse bulb and vacuum it out. It should come out no problem. You can use a shop vac and insert silicone hose inside the vac hose and cover the excess, then you have a mini shop vac hose.

Top tip: shop vac, duct tape connection to straw. Use straw through the bulb holder location. Used to her this to vacuum out my xterras spark plugs lol.
DSGVW is offline   Reply With Quote