GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 08-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #15
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
The Forge wastegate has been installed. Sent a few more thirds gear logs over to Stratified. Time to wait and see if it did anything..
R35Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #16
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Good luck dialing it in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #17
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

---
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	44
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	56166  

Last edited by R35Dan; 10-20-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #18
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

Attached Images
File Type: jpg c8055ac7c7bdfd25039a886f3a47eb11.jpg (417.1 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by R35Dan; 10-20-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #19
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

Heading to the dyno next Friday to finish up the tune on E30/93. Opted to pay Alex for extra dyno time because i'm trying to go to the track this season and tuning two fuels over a 6-8 month period just isn't going to work for me. Alex knows his stuff but I'm not a fan of the process, nothing against him or Stratified the car drives/performs great.

Anyway I will update with Dyno info once it's finished.

If anyone is interested in buying a GTR mine is for sale: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3098/overview/
Old 10-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #20
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

Delete this too because i'm done with these forums. Not a supporter of Censorship and never will be.

The story is elsewhere. After what happened today Stratified Auto proved to be the worst tuner/shop i've ever dealt with. If you are on Cobb go to a local pro tuner. Do not buy a pro-tune over the internet. Your time and money will be wasted.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #21
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by R35Dan View Post
Delete this too because i'm done with these forums. Not a supporter of Censorship and never will be.

The story is elsewhere. After what happened today Stratified Auto proved to be the worst tuner/shop i've ever dealt with. If you are on Cobb go to a local pro tuner. Do not buy a pro-tune over the internet. Your time and money will be wasted.
Read your thread b4 removed. Sorry to hear that. Protune customer service is hit or miss. Have had issues with eurodyne as well along the way. I hope you get what you want out of your car. Good luck

Old 10-21-2017, 07:48 PM   #22
Alex@Stratified
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Quote:

Dan, I have written this to you via email and will post it here as well:

Hi Dan, while I understand you may be upset about the tune not being completed today, please keep in mind that without datalogs from the vehicle I can’t make any tuning changes. I asked for a datalog when I sent you the instructions for the dyno prior to you getting there. I also asked for them over the phone when we talked. Nothing was sent to me. I am not quite certain what happened during the 3 hours that you were on the dyno, but I was certainly not sent any information that would allow me to tune the car.

Furthermore, the remote dyno session was something that I agreed to due to the difficulties you had getting datalogs when depressing the accelerator past the pedal detent and the car automatically downshifting. This was after we already went through several tune iterations. This was done in order to help you out at no extra charge, as the e-tune you purchased does not include live dyno tuning.

We have more than fulfilled all the requirements of our e-tune process but unfortunately you were not able to carry out the process and provide me with the data needed to tune the car in spite of me sending you clear instructions.

I have even contacted the dyno operator you were using asking what happened during the 3 hours you were on there such that no datalogs were performed or sent my way. He did not reply. When I asked you the same over the phone, you hung up on me.

I am at a loss as to what I could have done here to help the situation further. However as I mentioned via email I am happy to continue tuning your car if you’re able to provide me with some single gear pull datalogs.
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #23
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:

You didnít post a story. You posted ďStratified is the worst WTFĒor something to that effect. The vendor feedback forum isnít for bashing vendors, itís for providing feedback from an experience. This can be positive or negative, but the details must be provided. This requires you to tell your experience in a respectful manner, which you did not. This isnít a FB bro group. Itís a moderated public forum and it has rules. Sounds like you didnít do your part to get your remote dyno tune completed. If thatís not the case then please by all means tell your side.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #24
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

There was a story post. Appears deleted

Old 10-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #25
Cadubya
DUBYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
There was a story post. Appears deleted

Yes. I deleted it. It was just bashing with no context or details. Provide details in a respectful manner and it wonít get deleted.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #26
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
You didn’t post a story. You posted “Stratified is the worst WTF”or something to that effect. The vendor feedback forum isn’t for bashing vendors, it’s for providing feedback from an experience. This can be positive or negative, but the details must be provided. This requires you to tell your experience in a respectful manner, which you did not. This isn’t a FB bro group. It’s a moderated public forum and it has rules. Sounds like you didn’t do your part to get your remote dyno tune completed. If that’s not the case then please by all means tell your side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
Yes. I deleted it. It was just bashing with no context or details. Provide details in a respectful manner and it won’t get deleted.
1. I did. You deleted it.

2. I posted " E-tuning Live session disaster: Stratified WTF" Next time i'll leave WTF out since it's too much for some.

3. I'm not sure how being honest about an absolute terrible experience with a Tuner is considered bashing. No cursing was used besides 'WTF' in the title. Instead it was a very detailed timeline with proof, you must have missed that. I posted a second time asking why the thread was deleted and included that i would update on the situation once i received a PM from a moderator. Instead of sending a pm with what you saw wrong in the post or what rule was broken you deleted that as well. You could have handled that much better but instead you wait to post here ??

4. The claim we didn't do our part is ridiculous to the shop and myself. He also says "This was after we already went through several tune iterations." There must be a mistake because it took 4 months to send 3 iterations for pump 93. That is why i setup the live session so it wouldn't take a year to get the tune finished. Not because i was having issues with the throttle. In addition to that he claims we did not schedule a live session etc. This will set the record straight on that.

Name:	3c386c2e5386859d015a076c9c93cd18.png
Views:	47
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	56374

Name:	bd928fa2766b20143c714133a070134f.png
Views:	45
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	56375

Name:	23d23762c8cb6ec65bea41fe662b8da3.png
Views:	43
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	56376

Anyway the car was strapped down well before 12pm PST (3pm EST) We tried to establish contact with Alex via FB/Email/Phone for over 45 minutes past the scheduled time, at this point we had no clue what the deal was. We were having issues hitting a torque limiter so we needed his assistance. Once we finally got him on the phone he said he didn't get the messages even though we saw he read them.. Anyway he told us to try a different gear and hung up. So tried that but same issue, we tried to contact him again and another 30-45 minutes go by, keep in mind this was setup as a LIVE session even though Alex denies that. At a point the tuner and myself were sick of dealing with him wondering why he is not helping us live via skype, phone, or FB Messenger. So we call it off. Not once did he tell us to send a log of the issue. Just send a log and a pic of the dyno first thing. In 3+ hours we ended up doing a few base pulls to around 4800-5000rpm where we hit the limiter. Dyno rental wasted because the e-tuner skipped out. (There is a good bit missing trying to keep it short and sweet, too bad the thread was deleted with a detailed timeline/proof)

5. I hung up on Alex after he responded to me asking for a refund with "I can't give you a partial refund, feel free to dispute" So with that I'll let Paypal do it's thing or he can send a refund.

Not sure why this went the way it did, I really tried to work with him but he was too busy apparently. It is what it is.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #27
Cadubya
DUBYA

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #28
Alex@Stratified
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Quote:
1. I did. You deleted it.

2. I posted " E-tuning Live session disaster: Stratified WTF" Next time i'll leave WTF out since it's too much for some.

3. I'm not sure how being honest about an absolute terrible experience with a Tuner is considered bashing. No cursing was used besides 'WTF' in the title. Instead it was a very detailed timeline with proof, you must have missed that. I posted a second time asking why the thread was deleted and included that i would update on the situation once i received a PM from a moderator. Instead of sending a pm with what you saw wrong in the post or what rule was broken you deleted that as well. You could have handled that much better but instead you wait to post here ??

4. The claim we didn't do our part is ridiculous to the shop and myself. He also says "This was after we already went through several tune iterations." There must be a mistake because it took 4 months to send 3 iterations for pump 93. That is why i setup the live session so it wouldn't take a year to get the tune finished. Not because i was having issues with the throttle. In addition to that he claims we did not schedule a live session etc. This will set the record straight on that.

Attachment 56374
Attachment 56375
Attachment 56376

Anyway the car was strapped down well before 12pm PST (3pm EST) We tried to establish contact with Alex via FB/Email/Phone for over 45 minutes past the scheduled time, at this point we had no clue what the deal was. We were having issues hitting a torque limiter so we needed his assistance. Once we finally got him on the phone he said he didn't get the messages even though we saw he read them.. Anyway he told us to try a different gear and hung up. So tried that but same issue, we tried to contact him again and another 30-45 minutes go by, keep in mind this was setup as a LIVE session even though Alex denies that. At a point the tuner and myself were sick of dealing with him wondering why he is not helping us live via skype, phone, or FB Messenger. So we call it off. Not once did he tell us to send a log of the issue. Just send a log and a pic of the dyno first thing. In 3+ hours we ended up doing a few base pulls to around 4800-5000rpm where we hit the limiter. Dyno rental wasted because the e-tuner skipped out. (There is a good bit missing trying to keep it short and sweet, too bad the thread was deleted with a detailed timeline/proof)

5. I hung up on Alex after he responded to me asking for a refund with "I can't give you a partial refund, feel free to dispute" So with that I'll let Paypal do it's thing or he can send a refund.

Not sure why this went the way it did, I really tried to work with him but he was too busy apparently. It is what it is.
Dan, you and the dyno operator did not, in those 3 hours send me a SINGLE datalog of any pulls.

You mentioned you did some base pulls, why did you not send me any data? There is something missing here from this story that I am not privy to. I don't think it's sensible to sit on the dyno for 3 hours and not provide me with any data from which to tune the car. Berg is a certified COBB tuner you said, I am sure he knew how to operate a COBB Accessport and provide data.

I even asked him directly about what happened? No reply.

I am not here to insinuate on what happened during those 3 hours of dyno time during which I stood by waiting for a datalog.

Whatever it was, certainly did not involve me. Getting an angry phone call and hang up after that time period and asking for your money back for an e-tune that did not include or even charge for any live dyno tuning is not something that is reasonable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dan operator.JPG (41.7 KB, 184 views)
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote