GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Exhaust Video

Brehnan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxatuidgCvM&feature=youtu.be

Hey guys, just a little exhaust cold start + rev video. Super happy with my exhaust setup. After straight piping, and learning the hard way, finally got it dialed in. Video doesn't do justice to the true sound. VERY small amount of cabin drone.

Does anybody think I should add a USP High Flow Cat? Is it that much more noticeable in the cabin?

-Eurojet 3" V-Band GTI Catback
-Vibrant 3" Ultra Quiet Vibrant Resonator.
-Integrated Engineering's Stage 1 91/93 ECU Tune
-USP Motorsports Cold Air Intake
-ECS Under-drive Crank Pulley
-H&R Super Sport Springs
-2013 Autobahn Edition GTI Rims
-UU Style Golf R LED Headlights
-Golf R LED Taillights
-Rokblokz Shortz Mud Flaps

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
I haven't noticed a change in sound with a USP High flow downpipe, maybe a bit louder but not in the cabin

Have you seen any performance gains with the ECS pulley ?

Brehnan

I haven't noticed a change in sound with a USP High flow downpipe, maybe a bit louder but not in the cabin

Have you seen any performance gains with the ECS pulley ?

This was my most recent modification. I personally think for only $150 it was a good mod. It's definitely quicker off the line and throttle response feels better. It's not going to physically add horsepower to the engine, you'd have to go forced induction, but 0-60 is improved. They say by 0.7 seconds, which seems about right. RPM's do rev up a bit quicker. In general, it pulls harder and I'd say go for it! Especially if you have an ECU tune or intake, it'll help with any build you have.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
If you want a quicker Golf 2.5, the first thing is to get rid of those heavy GTI wheels.

Brehnan

If you want a quicker Golf 2.5, the first thing is to get rid of those heavy GTI wheels.

I would gladly sacrifice some power for those wheels. With my super sport springs it looks very very clean. You're not going to get high boost from a 2.5 anyways, so might as well make the exterior look as best as you can.