GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Well gents i think im gonna switch to the NEC tune.. i like the crackles but wanna try and drive around without them and see how it goes.

myslowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
What’s a good clutch to upgrade too & do I need to get the full upgrade kit or can I just upgrade the clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nagokart

Ready to race!
I personally use the Sachs SRE Clutch. Feels a lot better than the stock spongy clutch and it can hold stage 2 power. You have a choice between the 4 puck disc or the full faced disc. The 4 puck will hold more power. I highly recommend changing out your flywheel too.

I got my clutch kit and dual mass flywheel from Darkside Developments for about $1100. It comes with the throwout bearing and hardware as well.

myslowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
I personally use the Sachs SRE Clutch. Feels a lot better than the stock spongy clutch and it can hold stage 2 power. You have a choice between the 4 puck disc or the full faced disc. The 4 puck will hold more power. I highly recommend changing out your flywheel too.

I got my clutch kit and dual mass flywheel from Darkside Developments for about $1100. It comes with the throwout bearing and hardware as well.

You mind throwing a link for your clutch kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nagokart

Ready to race!
Yup, that's the one. I got the Sachs DMF from Darkside.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Well gents i think im gonna switch to the NEC tune.. i like the crackles but wanna try and drive around without them and see how it goes.

I'm enjoying it without crackles for the time being, but I'll probably switch back once my launch control gets sent over. I have to be obnoxious at the drag strip this weekend of course :laugh:

indosilver

R8 coilpacks are another thing worth mentioning. I blew a coilpack driving home after getting tuned with APR. The red R8 coilpacks seem to be pretty reliable.

Ended up cooking a coil on the s2 OTS map shortly after you posted lol. Grabbed some R8's and some new NGK's, running smoother than ever and just put in my Stratified order :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Laimface

Ready to race!

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
The crackles are pretty loud, I want a little louder though so i'm getting a resonator delete lol

Laimface

Ready to race!
The crackles are pretty loud, I want a little louder though so i'm getting a resonator delete lol

Please don't... Res delete sounds like a tractor with aids at low RPM then a riced out b16 civic up top. I instantly welded the res back in hahaha

CHerna

Ready to race!
I don't think my crackles are very loud. Is it because my exhaust is catless?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't think my crackles are very loud. Is it because my exhaust is catless?
my exhaust was catless and they were pretty damn loud.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Catless here too and they can be pretty loud. If I'm under 3k they're not very loud. I can hear them as low as 2200 rpms, but its very faint. If I try to get pops at 4-5k after having high boost they're pretty damn loud. Sometimes I get the loud pops around 3-3.2k too though.l