GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #3501
hbrown0509
FIA GT Newbie
 
hbrown0509's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by jysaw View Post
is the unitronic dry filter washable or it needs to be replaced?


It's washable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #3502
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
John@Unitronic's Avatar
 
Drives: MK3 TTRS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by jysaw View Post
is the unitronic dry filter washable or it needs to be replaced?
It can be washed/serviced with warm water or compressed air. If using warm water, ensure that the filter FULLY dries before re-installation.
__________________
UNITRONIC — Performance Software & Hardware for your VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #3503
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
John@Unitronic's Avatar
 
Drives: MK3 TTRS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 1,462


From September 25th to October 6th, 2017 only.
  • Save up to $100 New Unitronic Performance Software*
  • Save $100 OFF Unitronic Intercooler Upgrades
  • Save 10% OFF Unitronic Intake systems**

*$100 OFF with the purchase a NEW Unitronic Performance Software and a UniCONNECT+ cable. Software and UniCONNECT+ must be purchased together. Not applicable on Authorized Dealer installed flashes. Only applicable in regions where UniCONNECT+ cables are available. $50 OFF on new Performance Software without a UniCONNECT+ cable purchase (Authorized Dealer installed). Applicable on New Unitronic Performance Software installations only. Not available on Upgrades. Cannot be combined with any other promotions.
**Excludes all Unitronic Carbon Fiber Intake Systems and Air Ducts.

Visit www.GetUnitronic.com and select your vehicle to see what's available for YOUR car.
__________________
UNITRONIC — Performance Software & Hardware for your VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Last edited by John@Unitronic; 09-25-2017 at 04:23 PM.
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:13 PM   #3504
hbrown0509
FIA GT Newbie
 
hbrown0509's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@Unitronic View Post


From September 25th to October 6th, 2017 only.
  • Save up to $100 New Unitronic Performance Software*
  • Save $100 OFF Unitronic Intercooler Upgrades
  • Save 10% OFF Unitronic Intake systems**

*$100 OFF with the purchase a NEW Unitronic Performance Software and a UniCONNECT+ cable. Software and UniCONNECT+ must be purchased together. Not applicable on Authorized Dealer installed flashes. Only applicable in regions where UniCONNECT+ cables are available. $50 OFF on new Performance Software without a UniCONNECT+ cable purchase (Authorized Dealer installed). Applicable on New Unitronic Performance Software installations only. Not available on Upgrades. Cannot be combined with any other promotions.
**Excludes all Unitronic Carbon Fiber Intake Systems and Air Ducts.

Visit www.GetUnitronic.com and select your vehicle to see what's available for YOUR car.


Just ordered the Uni intake for gen 1 tsi


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #3505
jysaw
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 130
what's the difference between uniconnect and uniconnect+?
jysaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #3506
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by jysaw View Post
what's the difference between uniconnect and uniconnect+?
uniconnect+ is for the mk6 platform.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #3507
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
John@Unitronic's Avatar
 
Drives: MK3 TTRS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by jysaw View Post
what's the difference between uniconnect and uniconnect+?
The cables support different platforms. For the 2.0TSI Gen1/2, you should purchase the UniConnect+ cable.
__________________
UNITRONIC — Performance Software & Hardware for your VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #3508
jysaw
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 130
what's the recommended spark plug gap for stage 2?
jysaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #3509
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by jysaw View Post
what's the recommended spark plug gap for stage 2?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spark+plug+gap+mk6+gti
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 AM   #3510
jysaw
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 130
i know that the stock gap is at 0.032". What I want to know is for Unitronic Stage 2, what's the recommended gap?
jysaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #3511
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by jysaw View Post
i know that the stock gap is at 0.032". What I want to know is for Unitronic Stage 2, what's the recommended gap?
You still use .032.......... the only people who go lower gap are k04 and bigger turbo along with them going colder.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #3512
MmmmmBoost
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 GTI MK6
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Posts: 285
So for all the guys in the same boat as me and have the uniconnect + and don't have access to data logging yet. I've found a 100% functional vcds cable and software from AliExpress, I ordered it and tried it, seems to do everything the regular vcds does for $30 and has turbo mode for HD logging. Under normal circumstances I would've bought the legit cable but in all honesty I just need it for logging until unitronic releases the option to us. Link is below if anyone wants one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...837291806.html
MmmmmBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #3513
hbrown0509
FIA GT Newbie
 
hbrown0509's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmmBoost View Post
So for all the guys in the same boat as me and have the uniconnect + and don't have access to data logging yet. I've found a 100% functional vcds cable and software from AliExpress, I ordered it and tried it, seems to do everything the regular vcds does for $30 and has turbo mode for HD logging. Under normal circumstances I would've bought the legit cable but in all honesty I just need it for logging until unitronic releases the option to us. Link is below if anyone wants one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...837291806.html


Weird, the link takes to a page and says item is currently not for sale.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #3514
MmmmmBoost
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 GTI MK6
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Posts: 285
I'll correct that, it seems when 1 person buys one that specific link deletes. Here is the store link https://m.aliexpress.com/store/50753...1.0.0.Hk8IaP#/

Basically pick which ever applies and is vcds 17.1.3 and has the NEC+FT232RL Chip, as long as it comes with an English version it doesn't matter. I have the English software as well that I can upload to a shared link. The cable is the only thing that matter.
MmmmmBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.