GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #211
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Absolutely, the Innovate Motorsports ECB-1 was recommended to me by David @toothless675. I had the Greddy Profec to watch 4-bar boost and AEM AFR gauge. Having separate gauges made it really frustrating to keep an eye on things while tuning. Knowing that I’ll be tuning an E85 Eurodyne file next Spring I wanted to move to an all-in-one gauge. The ECB-1 is impressive, well built, easy install, quality harnesses and tons of data in one screen. I can now monitor AFR with the latest Bosche LSU 2.9 02 sensor, true boost with their 4-bar MAP sensor and Ethanol content/fuel temp with their GM ethanol hydroscopic analyzer. There are three screen options, all 4 stats at once, 2 selectable stats at once or 1 stat.

Opel drivability was ok, I’m still undecided if my weak warm starts were due to the injectors or base file tuning (injector constant, LPFP table). The Opels required modification to the head in order to have them fully seat. This also required a specific injector orientation which would have rotated the intended spray pattern. Moving to the MK7 R/8V S3 injectors allowed me to retain a factory spray pattern and drivability has been perfect.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #212
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
So for a gauge that reads multiple systems like that, do you still get analog boost pressure? A little background, I am planning to go e85 down the road and I want to get a multi reading gauge like what you have. I see Aem has a few products like that. Guess what I asking is does the boost line still plug into the back or is it done down the line somewhere.

I am eurodyne as well so I have been monitoring guys injector choices for e85 so I know what to go with. Nostrum had some nice ones, but were having trouble with eurodyne software from what i heard last.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #213
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
It’s a digital reading off of their included 4-bar map sensor. I compare this to my calibrated Torqbyte 4-bar map sensor and the boost readings are 0.4 to 0.6psi off at times. The boost line plugs into their included 4-bar map sensor, which then has an electrical harness that goes to the ECB-1 gauge.

I will be running E85 through my twin split spray port fuel injectors controlled by Torqbyte.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote