GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #15
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
off topic but youre going to have to do at least aftermarket IC piping at some point with the APR tune its just too much boost for those OEM connectors. Once you get your clutch and start going WOT they'll probably pop that day lol. Think about going aftermarket TOP and CHARGE PIPE with silicone sleeves and clamps instead of a kit that tries to use the STOCK intercooler connectors, theyre garbage
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #16
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
off topic but youre going to have to do at least aftermarket IC piping at some point with the APR tune its just too much boost for those OEM connectors. Once you get your clutch and start going WOT they'll probably pop that day lol. Think about going aftermarket TOP and CHARGE PIPE with silicone sleeves and clamps instead of a kit that tries to use the STOCK intercooler connectors, theyre garbage
That's my next mod but I was hoping to wait out until Spring because obviously it's gonna get crazy cold here in Jersey soon. I figure I can survive the Fall/Winter on the stock intercooler.

Can you link me to any recommendations on those? I will be definitely in the market come early Spring next year.
Internal : APR Fully loaded Stage 2 tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille - Splash Guards (-5hp )
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #17
adema69
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
JUST GET THE ARM FRONT MOUNT ITS CHEAP PRICE WISE BUT GREAT INTER COOLER RUNNING ON MY K04 CAR AND NO ISSUES.
adema69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #18
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Get the intercooler that is best for you. For example i bought a used apr. No way i would pay for a brand new one.
I would stay away from arm for fitment issues. Go neuspeed if you want front, or get whatever is on sale if you want stock location

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #19
Stock-GTI
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
I just had ARM Fmic installed, didn't have any fitment issues. Just had to use different clamps because the ends of the Intercooler aren't completely round.
Stock-GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #20
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock-GTI View Post
I just had ARM Fmic installed, didn't have any fitment issues. Just had to use different clamps because the ends of the Intercooler aren't completely round.
That's good to hear. There was this big thread on it so I ended up staying away.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #21
11gti718
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
I also run ARM fmic with no fitment issues. I’m also ko4 and its doing great as of now.
11gti718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #22
SC_MK6
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 csg gti autobahn
I run the ARM fmic with my k04 setup as well. No issues at all. But you definitely want to get some better hose clamps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
SC_MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote