GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

aoliva918

I bought this and put it in and it totally works..
The people who sold me the head unit had to program it. I power it with a 5amp fuse. The camera is part of a piece that replaces your drivers side license plate light housing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have any pictures of this all wired up? I just bought the same one and am kinda clueless on how the right way to install it is.

squirrelnz

I fitted my RCD330 plus in my mk6 wagon in about 10 mins - I have never installed a car stereo before. Pretty chuffed. Works perfectly. No idea how to connect the camera but not too bothered!

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed
I fitted my RCD330 plus in my mk6 wagon in about 10 mins - I have never installed a car stereo before. Pretty chuffed. Works perfectly. No idea how to connect the camera but not too bothered!

Do you have a link for the one you ordered?

squirrelnz

Pretty amazing eh? Fastest shipping to NZ I've ever had from China. DHL express, where are they making their money...

I know. They must be sourcing them for two thirds of bugger all. My only issue is that the reverse cam is not coded on and I don’t have vcds. Wondering if that coding can be done with Carista or OBDEleven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

squirrelnz

I just bit the bullet and ordered one. Can't wait to replace the slow ass Eonon GA6153F unit I have.

It’s the best. Have paired it with bt too - so if I can’t be bothered plugging it in it plays music and receives calls anyway. Once plugged in it unpairs. Sound is better via carplay though. Charging is pretty quick too. Only a week for you to wait!

vinamack

Anyone interested?

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZZZFjuiU

I just received that unit. Lookds like a RCD330 plus with modified firmware. Tested both Android Auto and Apple Carplay. AMA

initial thoughts:

Screen: great improvement. responsive capacitive touch, bright and seems like higher resolution

Quality: feels good, not like OEM but really close.

Android Auto and carplay works great.

Current Bugs:
1. After extended time off, the speaker fader resets to driver side front only. I have to go into fader settings and change it to middle.

2. Turning on the device sometimes audio resets to 0 volume. You either have to adjust volume up and sometimes power off and back on again.

Minor bugs. I reached out to the seller and he said it might be a firmware bug and he'll let me know when theres new firmware (doubtful seeing as the seller is from aliexpress)

Overall I'm very happy with the unit dispite the minor issues. more than anything Im just happy to have Android auto and carplay in my 2011 GTI.

I'll post pics if you guys ask for it.

Last edited:

Novski

l. My only issue is that the reverse cam is not coded on and I don’t have vcds. Wondering if that coding can be done with Carista or OBDEleven.

I purchased this rcd330 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-MIB-New...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)

I have a reverse OEM vw camera in my mk6 gti (previosuly had an rns510 headunit)

What do I need to do in order to get the reverse camera working on the rcd330 unit? What exact adapter/coding is required for it?
I have access to vcds if coding is required.

LaRayes

I purchased this rcd330 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-MIB-New...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)

I have a reverse OEM vw camera in my mk6 gti (previosuly had an rns510 headunit)

What do I need to do in order to get the reverse camera working on the rcd330 unit? What exact adapter/coding is required for it?

I have access to vcds if coding is required.

If you have the oem camera there is no need for any coding. Just install the 26 pin adapter which the seller may provide you with (for a fee). And if installed correctly should work fine.

Novski

If you have the oem camera there is no need for any coding. Just install the 26 pin adapter which the seller may provide you with (for a fee). And if installed correctly should work fine.

Best place to order the 26 pin adapter from?
Link to one?

Thanks,