GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
If you can log, you can unplug the n75 and whatever boost peaks at is your WGA pressure

I'll try that when I get the chance. What is the easiest way to unplug the n75? I know where it is, I'm assuming I'll need to pull of the wheel and go through the fender wall?

Another question... when you guys mix fuels do you run it down to E and mix from there or do you run down the reserve tank as well? Because I need 91 for my logs, and I live in a 93 area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
I'll try that when I get the chance. What is the easiest way to unplug the n75? I know where it is, I'm assuming I'll need to pull of the wheel and go through the fender wall?

Another question... when you guys mix fuels do you run it down to E and mix from there or do you run down the reserve tank as well? Because I need 91 for my logs, and I live in a 93 area.

You can reach it from the top for sure. I had to do it when diagnosing my faulty K03 wastegate.

This is different though. It likely does have something to do with the fact that we both have DV+ and forge WG, but it should be correctable via the tune, since it first appeared via a tune update.

Anyone else with Forge WG and DV+ on the latest tune iterations?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
I think it's on the minimum setting. At least that's what I told the guy at the turbo shop I had install it do. I also spoke to forge on the phone right before they set up the wga and I believe he set it to the minimum. Not the easiest thing to verify lol.

I'm gonna swing by Growler Motor Labs (used to be one of Cobb's main shops ...Cobb Plano) and talk to their calibrator and get his thoughts/recommendations. Kinda want to get a dyno tune to compare to my stratified tune once it's done.

The hesitation I've experienced almost exclusively happens at ~10psi, then you see it adjust, drop a few psi and go. It doesn't happen every time, accelerates smoothly maybe 25% of the time.

If you do, let me know wouldn't mind getting mine on their dyno again. Would be cool to compair.

FriggenT1

Banned
You can reach it from the top for sure. I had to do it when diagnosing my faulty K03 wastegate.

This is different though. It likely does have something to do with the fact that we both have DV+ and forge WG, but it should be correctable via the tune, since it first appeared via a tune update.

Anyone else with Forge WG and DV+ on the latest tune iterations?

I had a dv+ and I'm honestly not a fan, too often it seems to have issues. I use the turbosmart plumb back DV and have had no problems

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I had a dv+ and I'm honestly not a fan, too often it seems to have issues. I use the turbosmart plumb back DV and have had no problems

This seems to be what I'm experiencing:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/#/topics/7307810?page=1

DV+ is dumping boost. Also seems to bleed it off at times.
I got a busy week but I'll probably pull the DV+ off and run just the RevD this weekend and also unplug the n75 and test for wastegate pressure.

Ran my tank down and put 89/93 (91) in and flashed back to the stratified tune. Put a few miles on got limp mode twice. Anytime I try pushing pass ~10-11 lbs it happens. I'm gonna drive to school and back on the tune (70-80mi) then do logs.

Might have to go to a full mechanical setup dv wise.

FriggenT1

Banned
This seems to be what I'm experiencing:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/#/topics/7307810?page=1

DV+ is dumping boost. Also seems to bleed it off at times.
I got a busy week but I'll probably pull the DV+ off and run just the RevD this weekend and also unplug the n75 and test for wastegate pressure.

Ran my tank down and put 89/93 (91) in and flashed back to the stratified tune. Put a few miles on got limp mode twice. Anytime I try pushing pass ~10-11 lbs it happens. I'm gonna drive to school and back on the tune (70-80mi) then do logs.

Might have to go to a full mechanical setup dv wise.

I would, I despise all the electronic stuff on this car, some of its good, some is just a problem. Fastest k04 used a forge BOV. Tells me all I need to know. I'm just not a BOV guy, but the turbosmart has been great.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm still using stock style DV and its working fine. Equivalent of "stage 2".

lleron

Ready to race!
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I remember seeing a while back that the 3bar map sensor may soon be supported. I'm installing a k04 this weekend and already have the sensor, just wondering if it's of any value. Are there any updates on this?

jeez

Ready to race!
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I remember seeing a while back that the 3bar map sensor may soon be supported. I'm installing a k04 this weekend and already have the sensor, just wondering if it's of any value. Are there any updates on this?
I have it with my K04, it is supported.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I would, I despise all the electronic stuff on this car, some of its good, some is just a problem. Fastest k04 used a forge BOV. Tells me all I need to know. I'm just not a BOV guy, but the turbosmart has been great.

I believe the fastest k03 car is/was (blu-pearl on vortex) running a forge bov. If taking the dv+ off doesn't fix the boost dumping, and I doubt it will because it's still the same dv. I'll probably pick up a turbosmart plumb back. Tuner seems to not be sure what to try to rectify the issue. Gonna be interesting fitting the plumb back to the I.E Manifold, should be simple enough though.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I'm still using stock style DV and its working fine. Equivalent of "stage 2".

Gonna try that this weekend, see if it changes anything.

FriggenT1

Banned
I believe the fastest k03 car is/was (blu-pearl on vortex) running a forge bov. If taking the dv+ off doesn't fix the boost dumping, and I doubt it will because it's still the same dv. I'll probably pick up a turbosmart plumb back. Tuner seems to not be sure what to try to rectify the issue. Gonna be interesting fitting the plumb back to the I.E Manifold, should be simple enough though.

It was, and he changed his screen name on here later after he beat the k04 record ... 11.5@119 I talk to him every few days