GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #1107
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
I'm still using stock style DV and its working fine. Equivalent of "stage 2".

Gonna try that this weekend, see if it changes anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock-GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #1108
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock-GTI View Post
I believe the fastest k03 car is/was (blu-pearl on vortex) running a forge bov. If taking the dv+ off doesn't fix the boost dumping, and I doubt it will because it's still the same dv. I'll probably pick up a turbosmart plumb back. Tuner seems to not be sure what to try to rectify the issue. Gonna be interesting fitting the plumb back to the I.E Manifold, should be simple enough though.

It was, and he changed his screen name on here later after he beat the k04 record ... 11.5@119 I talk to him every few days
FriggenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #1109
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Oh you have ie manifold. As awesome as that piece looks, I haven't heard a success story car with it yet. Iono

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #1110
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Oh you have ie manifold. As awesome as that piece looks, I haven't heard a success story car with it yet. Iono

Me? I don't, but there are proven gains with them...plus it's one less plastic pos that can break.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:23 PM   #1111
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
It was, and he changed his screen name on here later after he beat the k04 record ... 11.5@119 I talk to him every few days

Cool, If you can't already tell I'm trying to break his k03 record. Hopefully get a wavetrac on the car in a few months.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #1112
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post

I have one. My plastic one was starting to crap itself. And I got a deal on having it and carbon cleaning done. There weren't any custom tuning options available until recently to really take advantage of the flow gain. But we'll see, gotta get this dv+ crap sorted out.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #1113
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock-GTI View Post
Cool, If you can't already tell I'm trying to break his k03 record. Hopefully get a wavetrac on the car in a few months.

He was giac sponsored and forge sponsored, he's now sold the car never had an lsd on the car, but always cut 1.7 and 1.8 '60 ft times. Good luck though! The custom tune will always have a little more play room and power room.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:39 PM   #1114
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
He was giac sponsored and forge sponsored, he's now sold the car never had an lsd on the car, but always cut 1.7 and 1.8 '60 ft times. Good luck though! The custom tune will always have a little more play room and power room.

Yeah I've read bunch of his threads. Giac tweaked their clutchbuster race file I think.
Hopefully Cobb released custom dsg tuning soon.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:07 AM   #1115
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Finally managed to do a full pull in 3rd, hit peak boost @ 22psi ...really doubt I have a leak as from the dv+ bleed. Car is definitely faster than before, by a good margin. Ordered turbosmart plumb back, but it ain't gonna be here till next week.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:31 AM   #1116
Noodle
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
I have a question about the crackles, do they activate once you get off boost and then then pops a a few times or is there a way to have them on continuously on decel (sorta like an N54 bmw?)

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #1117
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
I have a question about the crackles, do they activate once you get off boost and then then pops a a few times or is there a way to have them on continuously on decel (sorta like an N54 bmw?)
There's different types of pops and crackles. I get crackles usually when I'm shifting or engine braking before 3k rpms, but go above that and you start to get the loud pops. Normally you only get like 3-5 pops, but I've had random times where it pops a bit more than that. If you were just in boost you typically get the loud pops, and other times it's the crackles.

If you just barely tap the gas while engine braking it'll kinda reset the crackles and sometimes you can get a few more. There's been times I did that and tapped the gas 3-4 times and had some crackles each time.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #1118
CHerna
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
If you just barely tap the gas while engine braking it'll kinda reset the crackles and sometimes you can get a few more. There's been times I did that and tapped the gas 3-4 times and had some crackles each time.
THIS. I've made a bad habit out of this. When I drive my truck or any other car, I tap the gas pedal out of muscle memory - to hear some crackles

2003 Golf GTI 2 Door - Tornado Red 5-Speed m/t (Gone)
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #1119
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
switching off the crackles tune has added about 2-3mpg more average to my car(solely due to the fact i dont purposely accelerate and hit the gas to make crackles all the time).

lol just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #1120
Fazj

Drives: 2010 GTI 2 Door M/T
What mods should I have?

The mods I currently have CTS Downpipe, Catback, Forge BOV. I plan to get an intake, R8 coil packs, and a GFB DV+ prior to my tune. Also some fresh oil. Anything else I should get before ordering my tune? Getting a flash for 93 octane. Stock ko3 turbo setup. Thanks.
Fazj is offline   Reply With Quote