GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
It was, and he changed his screen name on here later after he beat the k04 record ... 11.5@119 I talk to him every few days

Cool, If you can't already tell I'm trying to break his k03 record. Hopefully get a wavetrac on the car in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Oh you have ie manifold. As awesome as that piece looks, I haven't heard a success story car with it yet. Iono

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have one. My plastic one was starting to crap itself. And I got a deal on having it and carbon cleaning done. There weren't any custom tuning options available until recently to really take advantage of the flow gain. But we'll see, gotta get this dv+ crap sorted out.

FriggenT1

Banned
Cool, If you can't already tell I'm trying to break his k03 record. Hopefully get a wavetrac on the car in a few months.

He was giac sponsored and forge sponsored, he's now sold the car never had an lsd on the car, but always cut 1.7 and 1.8 '60 ft times. Good luck though! The custom tune will always have a little more play room and power room.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
He was giac sponsored and forge sponsored, he's now sold the car never had an lsd on the car, but always cut 1.7 and 1.8 '60 ft times. Good luck though! The custom tune will always have a little more play room and power room.

Yeah I've read bunch of his threads. Giac tweaked their clutchbuster race file I think.
Hopefully Cobb released custom dsg tuning soon.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Finally managed to do a full pull in 3rd, hit peak boost @ 22psi ...really doubt I have a leak as from the dv+ bleed. Car is definitely faster than before, by a good margin. Ordered turbosmart plumb back, but it ain't gonna be here till next week.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I have a question about the crackles, do they activate once you get off boost and then then pops a a few times or is there a way to have them on continuously on decel (sorta like an N54 bmw?)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I have a question about the crackles, do they activate once you get off boost and then then pops a a few times or is there a way to have them on continuously on decel (sorta like an N54 bmw?)

There's different types of pops and crackles. I get crackles usually when I'm shifting or engine braking before 3k rpms, but go above that and you start to get the loud pops. Normally you only get like 3-5 pops, but I've had random times where it pops a bit more than that. If you were just in boost you typically get the loud pops, and other times it's the crackles.

If you just barely tap the gas while engine braking it'll kinda reset the crackles and sometimes you can get a few more. There's been times I did that and tapped the gas 3-4 times and had some crackles each time.

CHerna

Ready to race!
If you just barely tap the gas while engine braking it'll kinda reset the crackles and sometimes you can get a few more. There's been times I did that and tapped the gas 3-4 times and had some crackles each time.

THIS. I've made a bad habit out of this. When I drive my truck or any other car, I tap the gas pedal out of muscle memory - to hear some crackles :laugh:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
switching off the crackles tune has added about 2-3mpg more average to my car(solely due to the fact i dont purposely accelerate and hit the gas to make crackles all the time).

lol just a thought.

Fazj

What mods should I have?

The mods I currently have CTS Downpipe, Catback, Forge BOV. I plan to get an intake, R8 coil packs, and a GFB DV+ prior to my tune. Also some fresh oil. Anything else I should get before ordering my tune? Getting a flash for 93 octane. Stock ko3 turbo setup. Thanks.

CHerna

Ready to race!
The mods I currently have CTS Downpipe, Catback, Forge BOV. I plan to get an intake, R8 coil packs, and a GFB DV+ prior to my tune. Also some fresh oil. Anything else I should get before ordering my tune? Getting a flash for 93 octane. Stock ko3 turbo setup. Thanks.

You should be good. About the same mods I have, minus the Forge BOV. Good luck!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you are gonna do coils might as well get some spark plugs too. Just for maintenance

markus037

Ready to race!
so if my car is stock would i go with a flash or a pro tune? also do you have any eta on how soon a dsg flash would be available? id like to do both at the same time.

lleron

Ready to race!
I've been waiting 1.5 weeks for some sort of response regarding my protune logs and some problems/stalling I've been having with multiple emails sent. It's a bit frustrating when there's responses on facebook and sales here but no responses to paying customers spending $300+.