GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #43
Jeffs2013GTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 SB GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
The mechatronics unit does fail. Failed enough the humble mechanic on YouTube thought to do a video about it.

Edit: nevermind this is for a different dsg. Anyways I think my statement still holds water as if the dsg will fail it will likely be the mechatronics unit. I haven't had any issues with mine.

https://youtu.be/8BbjLT3yQ-8

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Never said that they "Never" fail. Nothing is perfect. but here in the USA with the DSG in our MK6's its not as common as in other platforms or other markets. Do failures happen. YES. Is it as common as lets say, the Intake Manifold Issue? HPFP issues? Water Pump Issue? Stuff like that?? No.

There are guys here with DSG issues, "Some" but there are more guys on these forums with 100k+ miles with DSG's with NO ISSUES.

So its a crap shoot, like everything else with VW.

Jeff
Jeffs2013GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:50 PM   #44
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs2013GTI View Post
Never said that they "Never" fail. Nothing is perfect. but here in the USA with the DSG in our MK6's its not as common as in other platforms or other markets. Do failures happen. YES. Is it as common as lets say, the Intake Manifold Issue? HPFP issues? Water Pump Issue? Stuff like that?? No.

There are guys here with DSG issues, "Some" but there are more guys on these forums with 100k+ miles with DSG's with NO ISSUES.

So its a crap shoot, like everything else with VW.

Jeff
Granted if my car never broke down I'd prolly never have gotten into cars. Let those dice roll. I'm really hoping my intake manifold dies before my extended warranty.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk