GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to do about the neighbor’s cat climbing on my car?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Threads like this serve as a reminder that psychopaths exist everywhere and in plain sight. Could be your neighbors.

Perm-Banning everyone that talks about harming animals on this thread after this comment. ye be warned.
Hopefully people will understand that anyone posting radical ways to kill animals is being sarcastic. Anywho this thread derailed pretty hard and harming animals isn't cool so thanks for the warning.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pre95

Passed Driver's Ed
This came across one of the quattro forums I frequent and seemed like the perfect solution to this problem. It's not a cover, it doesn't make contact with the car, it's a portable car port made by Ikuby. The member stated it seemed to have good build quality and stated it stands up to wind and snow nicely.

When I saw it, I thought of you. <3

Edit: It's also available on amazon.

http://www.ikuby.com/

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
This came across one of the quattro forums I frequent and seemed like the perfect solution to this problem. It's not a cover, it doesn't make contact with the car, it's a portable car port made by Ikuby. The member stated it seemed to have good build quality and stated it stands up to wind and snow nicely.

When I saw it, I thought of you. <3

Edit: It's also available on amazon.

http://www.ikuby.com/

I want one.

Phur

Autocross Champion
[emoji857][emoji5]

Thank you. That looks amazing! That would help a ton with cure times on detailing shit too. I am smitten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
The search looking at information on those landed me somewhere else. They don’t have prices listed and I’m quite sure that it is irrelevant anyway but...?

http://www.gazebox.net/gazeboxcar.html

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The search looking at information on those landed me somewhere else. They don’t have prices listed and I’m quite sure that it is irrelevant anyway but...?

It's broken!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

blower

Ready to race!
Why not go the whole hog, and really protect your car.....this should keep the neighbors cat out, and as a bonus nuclear radiation too!

Sauce118

Ready to race!
You’re a pussy. [emoji78]

+1..

If you don't care that a cat is climbing on your car everyday then I don't know what to tell you. It would piss me off to the fullest. I spend significant time and money keeping my car clean and "flawless". So the fact that the neighbors cat is posing a threat to my hard work and money is not cool with me. I'm not saying to go out and kill the cat :fighting0030:, but to say that he is over reacting is a ridiculous statement. Some people care about their belongings to the point this becomes a huge deal to them. For you to tell him/them that they are over reacting and that its not a big deal Is not your decision to make. I hope the OP gets some relief from this problem. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of the methods mentioned above short of the BB gun idea :iono:. It seems to me that the audio frequency deterrent would work well in my mind, but that's just my un-experienced opinion. Good Luck with the Cat!

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Rand Paul's neighbor would know what to do.

Or, get a dog.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the kind words, sauce. I appreciate it. As difficult and terrible as is to do, I think I’m going to be even more vigilant and the next time that I catch him in the act I’m going to hit the panic button. Hopefully that will give him enough of a heart attack that he doesn’t want to do it again.

I figure it will probably scratch my hood, but nothing that I can’t buff out. It’s already scratched from where it has gotten up there the two times since the jewel polish and jetseal. The entire rest of the car is completely swirl and hologram free except where the cat was chilling. If I have to correct it anyway, I would rather only have to do it once.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
+1..

If you don't care that a cat is climbing on your car everyday then I don't know what to tell you. It would piss me off to the fullest. I spend significant time and money keeping my car clean and "flawless". So the fact that the neighbors cat is posing a threat to my hard work and money is not cool with me. I'm not saying to go out and kill the cat :fighting0030:, but to say that he is over reacting is a ridiculous statement. Some people care about their belongings to the point this becomes a huge deal to them. For you to tell him/them that they are over reacting and that its not a big deal Is not your decision to make. I hope the OP gets some relief from this problem. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of the methods mentioned above short of the BB gun idea :iono:. It seems to me that the audio frequency deterrent would work well in my mind, but that's just my un-experienced opinion. Good Luck with the Cat!

oh, man. Some of you are just being sarcastic and silly, I know. Sadly, some aren't.
Are they over reacting - yep. Not even strong enough. keep things in perspective.

How old are you people??? A cat sits on your car, oh my GODDDD! A dog pisses on your tires just wet-shined.....a mockingbird just crapped on that freshly shined hood. AAAAACK!!! Quick, kill the damn things, my day is ruined, I'm in OCD overload, my shiny car is destroyed....

Do y'all have any REAL problems? Heart attack? Stroke? Job loss? Home foreclosure? Nasty divorce? I can't imagine how y'all would react if something REALLY life-changing smacked you upside your heads.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
oh, man. Some of you are just being sarcastic and silly, I know. Sadly, some aren't.
Are they over reacting - yep. Not even strong enough. keep things in perspective.

How old are you people??? A cat sits on your car, oh my GODDDD! A dog pisses on your tires just wet-shined.....a mockingbird just crapped on that freshly shined hood. AAAAACK!!! Quick, kill the damn things, my day is ruined, I'm in OCD overload, my shiny car is destroyed....

Do y'all have any REAL problems? Heart attack? Stroke? Job loss? Home foreclosure? Nasty divorce? I can't imagine how y'all would react if something REALLY life-changing smacked you upside your heads.

I think I'm going to vote for you on the next presidential election.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Can't even have any fun anymore without someone saying you sexually assaulted their cat.