GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #6007
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
As i do for every race, reminder that Brazilian Grand Prix this Sunday. 10 am
lol @ new avatar
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #6008
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Das Balls IL
Posts: 19,857
This police chase is off the chaainz.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsOn6/vid...7415440542837/
__________________
Member Journal

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #6009
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver
 
bart2278's Avatar
 
Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
This police chase is off the chaainz.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsOn6/vid...7415440542837/
best thing that's happened to me all day
__________________
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • F23T is still kicking...for now
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #6010
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Das Balls IL
Posts: 19,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart2278 View Post
best thing that's happened to me all day
Look up a Facebook group called LA - Police Chases. They report the daily police chases that happen in LA. So far there's been a minimum of 1 each day this week. None today however. Yesterday some lady was trying to get away in a Uhaul and rammed a few cars.
__________________
Member Journal

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #6011
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Das Balls IL
Posts: 19,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
Jaber check out Live PD, tonight at 8 on AE


On Friday and Saturday nights only
We DVR that show and tend to watch it throughout the week when we're bored. Some pretty good episodes lately. If you need to run away from the cops, Lake County has a no pursuit policy, as long as they don't have to chase someone who has committed a serious crime.
__________________
Member Journal

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #6012
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver
 
OmniGLH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Huntley, IL
Posts: 3,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
We DVR that show and tend to watch it throughout the week when we're bored. Some pretty good episodes lately. If you need to run away from the cops, Lake County has a no pursuit policy, as long as they don't have to chase someone who has committed a serious crime.
As of about 10 years ago... all the towns in McHenry County were on different radio frequencies, and they were different from the County Sherriff.

So if you were being chased for doing wheelies, or drag racing in, oh, I dunno, say, Crystal Lake... and you skee-daddled out of town into unincorporated McHenry County, or into neighboring Lake in the Hills, or Huntley.... you were home-free. Not that I'd know anything about that.
__________________
Mk6 Wolfsburg 6sp
OmniGLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #6013
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion
 
EJBGTIVI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 7,601
Made an awesome brunch today. Chili cheese omelette with homemade chili and smoked provolone.
Food Porn
__________________
Forum Guru/Sticker Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #6014
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion
 
EJBGTIVI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
You had me at Homemade Chili.


Not an English muffin fan doe but looks good yeah 10/10 .


EJ for brunch guru 2018
I love English Muffins,or sourdough toast is good. Some nice warm tortillas would have been good with this too.
__________________
Forum Guru/Sticker Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #6015
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite
 
BoostedVW11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
I love English Muffins,or sourdough toast is good. Some nice warm tortillas would have been good with this too.
tortilla with some extra crispy hash browns


How do you take your coffee?
__________________
There is no great genius without some touch of madness.

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #6016
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver
 
OmniGLH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Huntley, IL
Posts: 3,295
Where is everybody?

Getting very close to "overhaul" season. I need one more short drive in the racekar to collect some datalogs for the tuner, then she's getting parked. I tried running some logs yesterday, but the roads were WAY too sketchy. I took 90 all the way to the WI border hoping to find an open dry stretch... but nope. Car got loose on me in 3rd (which is the gear I need to collect 2-3 WOT passes) so I parked it. Damn.

Thought about driving it to work today but "freezing fog" all over the news scared me off. Of course by the time I got to Schaumburg it was sunny and dry... figures.
__________________
Mk6 Wolfsburg 6sp
OmniGLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #6017
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Where is everybody?

Getting very close to "overhaul" season. I need one more short drive in the racekar to collect some datalogs for the tuner, then she's getting parked. I tried running some logs yesterday, but the roads were WAY too sketchy. I took 90 all the way to the WI border hoping to find an open dry stretch... but nope. Car got loose on me in 3rd (which is the gear I need to collect 2-3 WOT passes) so I parked it. Damn.

Thought about driving it to work today but "freezing fog" all over the news scared me off. Of course by the time I got to Schaumburg it was sunny and dry... figures.
Slow day in here. I have mine in semi parked for the winter mode. It can easily be put back to drivable status for a day if it does end up nice out one of these weekends. I'm getting close to downing it for several weeks though. The question is really do I leave it at my house where I can work on it whenever I want and take my time? Or take it to my buddies where the lift is and then make it harder to go work on it randomly but have a lift and air tools.
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #6018
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion
 
EJBGTIVI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
tortilla with some extra crispy hash browns


How do you take your coffee?
I don't drink coffee.
__________________
Forum Guru/Sticker Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #6019
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver
 
OmniGLH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Huntley, IL
Posts: 3,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Slow day in here. I have mine in semi parked for the winter mode. It can easily be put back to drivable status for a day if it does end up nice out one of these weekends. I'm getting close to downing it for several weeks though. The question is really do I leave it at my house where I can work on it whenever I want and take my time? Or take it to my buddies where the lift is and then make it harder to go work on it randomly but have a lift and air tools.
Yeah this will be the first year my toy car will be actually "parked" with no insurance (at my house... I had no insurance on it all last year but that's because it was at the shop...)

Usually (as in, with the old 944) I left insurance on all winter in case of a nice day. But with 2 toy cars now (mine and wifey's) it gets expensive lol... I'd rather pocket the money for the next few months I'd otherwise dump on insurance when I know the cars are just going to sit. Plus, at least with the 944, I did have a cheap set of all-seasons mounted to the OE 16's. The current two only have summer rubber.
__________________
Mk6 Wolfsburg 6sp
OmniGLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #6020
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion
 
EJBGTIVI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Where is everybody?

Getting very close to "overhaul" season. I need one more short drive in the racekar to collect some datalogs for the tuner, then she's getting parked. I tried running some logs yesterday, but the roads were WAY too sketchy. I took 90 all the way to the WI border hoping to find an open dry stretch... but nope. Car got loose on me in 3rd (which is the gear I need to collect 2-3 WOT passes) so I parked it. Damn.

Thought about driving it to work today but "freezing fog" all over the news scared me off. Of course by the time I got to Schaumburg it was sunny and dry... figures.
I'm off work today, so haven't been online much. Put some fresh Mobil 1 in the car today.
__________________
Forum Guru/Sticker Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
# assman, #aprsafe, bart is still confused, boosted is a good guy tbh, boosted's stinky exhaust, buttplugs ftw, diabeetus, stop calling him tuna plz, too much tuna, tuna is a penis master, tuna trolls

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.