GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #71
aj_law
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
Rand Paul's neighbor would know what to do.

Or, get a dog.
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 120K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip // Black emblems/grille stripes // OEM R Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #72
Phur
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Thanks for the kind words, sauce. I appreciate it. As difficult and terrible as is to do, I think I’m going to be even more vigilant and the next time that I catch him in the act I’m going to hit the panic button. Hopefully that will give him enough of a heart attack that he doesn’t want to do it again.

I figure it will probably scratch my hood, but nothing that I can’t buff out. It’s already scratched from where it has gotten up there the two times since the jewel polish and jetseal. The entire rest of the car is completely swirl and hologram free except where the cat was chilling. If I have to correct it anyway, I would rather only have to do it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #73
alpha3
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '14 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce118 View Post
+1..

If you don't care that a cat is climbing on your car everyday then I don't know what to tell you. It would piss me off to the fullest. I spend significant time and money keeping my car clean and "flawless". So the fact that the neighbors cat is posing a threat to my hard work and money is not cool with me. I'm not saying to go out and kill the cat , but to say that he is over reacting is a ridiculous statement. Some people care about their belongings to the point this becomes a huge deal to them. For you to tell him/them that they are over reacting and that its not a big deal Is not your decision to make. I hope the OP gets some relief from this problem. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of the methods mentioned above short of the BB gun idea . It seems to me that the audio frequency deterrent would work well in my mind, but that's just my un-experienced opinion. Good Luck with the Cat!
oh, man. Some of you are just being sarcastic and silly, I know. Sadly, some aren't.
Are they over reacting - yep. Not even strong enough. keep things in perspective.

How old are you people??? A cat sits on your car, oh my GODDDD! A dog pisses on your tires just wet-shined.....a mockingbird just crapped on that freshly shined hood. AAAAACK!!! Quick, kill the damn things, my day is ruined, I'm in OCD overload, my shiny car is destroyed....

Do y'all have any REAL problems? Heart attack? Stroke? Job loss? Home foreclosure? Nasty divorce? I can't imagine how y'all would react if something REALLY life-changing smacked you upside your heads.
alpha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #74
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha3 View Post
oh, man. Some of you are just being sarcastic and silly, I know. Sadly, some aren't.
Are they over reacting - yep. Not even strong enough. keep things in perspective.

How old are you people??? A cat sits on your car, oh my GODDDD! A dog pisses on your tires just wet-shined.....a mockingbird just crapped on that freshly shined hood. AAAAACK!!! Quick, kill the damn things, my day is ruined, I'm in OCD overload, my shiny car is destroyed....

Do y'all have any REAL problems? Heart attack? Stroke? Job loss? Home foreclosure? Nasty divorce? I can't imagine how y'all would react if something REALLY life-changing smacked you upside your heads.

I think I'm going to vote for you on the next presidential election.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:53 PM   #75
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
Can't even have any fun anymore without someone saying you sexually assaulted their cat.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #76
Tyler12108
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce118 View Post
+1..

If you don't care that a cat is climbing on your car everyday then I don't know what to tell you. It would piss me off to the fullest. I spend significant time and money keeping my car clean and "flawless". So the fact that the neighbors cat is posing a threat to my hard work and money is not cool with me. I'm not saying to go out and kill the cat , but to say that he is over reacting is a ridiculous statement. Some people care about their belongings to the point this becomes a huge deal to them. For you to tell him/them that they are over reacting and that its not a big deal Is not your decision to make. I hope the OP gets some relief from this problem. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of the methods mentioned above short of the BB gun idea . It seems to me that the audio frequency deterrent would work well in my mind, but that's just my un-experienced opinion. Good Luck with the Cat!
Lol @ resorting to name calling. It is an over reaction to a normal person, that being said a lot of enthusiasts are pretty OCD about their car, I am too to a certain extent. I find it shocking though that those complaining don't get a cover or park in a garage.
Tyler12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #77
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler12108 View Post
Lol @ resorting to name calling. It is an over reaction to a normal person, that being said a lot of enthusiasts are pretty OCD about their car, I am too to a certain extent. I find it shocking though that those complaining don't get a cover or park in a garage.
Sometimes its inconvenient or not really an option.

I have firsthand experience, the sound thing does work. Just put it in front of your car when you come home at night so it doesn't annoy people all day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #78
alpha3
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I think I'm going to vote for you on the next presidential election.
LOL.....thanks......
I'll be the nominee on the Independent, ''quack'' ticket
Seriously though.....lately, at least here in the Miami area, there have been some really horrific things done to pets/animals, bad enough that stories (and gross pictures) aired on the 6pm news. Cats/dogs bludgeoned/stabbed/burned, for no reason. One cat was found (and shown) nailed to a wooden fence. A pitbull terrier, stabbed multiple times, stuffed in a suitcase, and left to die, in an alley. Police found it, still alive. County veterinarians tried to save the dog, but it died. It just makes my blood boil.

I know some guys here are just having fun stirring the pot and spouting off........
The rest of you - leave the wildlife alone.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #79
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
i used to care about the appearance of my car and then i realized i have absolutely no control over the weather or what people/animals do so i just keep it the best i can but i dont get butthurt every-time something walks on it when im parked outside on the street.

I even have a garage but i just am sometimes to lazy to wait for the door to open and just park in the drive way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #80
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
A pitbull terrier, stabbed multiple times, stuffed in a suitcase, and left to die, in an alley. Police found it, still alive. County veterinarians tried to save the dog, but it died. It just makes my blood boil.

I remember this story. It was closer to my neck of the woods than Miami.
Unfortunately the dog died after a few surgery... If they ever find the person/persons that did this i would prefer mob justice over the slap on the wrist they will get for animal cruelty.

Warning semi-graphic photo.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:14 PM   #81
alpha3
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
I remember this story. It was closer to my neck of the woods than Miami.
Unfortunately the dog died after a few surgery... If they ever find the person/persons that did this i would prefer mob justice over the slap on the wrist they will get for animal cruelty.

Warning semi-graphic photo.
Hey, lilonespaz.........thanks for posting the pic; yes, that's the one, poor guy. And the nailed cat I saw was pretty bad, ABC news briefly pictured it but then took it down, it was a bit too much. I'd love to be the one to pass sentence on people that do this....
Old 11-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #82
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Hey, lilonespaz.........thanks for posting the pic; yes, that's the one, poor guy. And the nailed cat I saw was pretty bad, ABC news briefly pictured it but then took it down, it was a bit too much. I'd love to be the one to pass sentence on people that do this....
You can talk about it all day but some people wont understand the pain until they physically see it. Everybody likes to be a tough guy on the net but i just dont see why anyone would be cruel to an animal especially as something as trivial as walking on their car.

The only humane thing i saw was the sonic things than make a high pitched noise to keep the cats and dogs out of your property.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #83
alpha3
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
You can talk about it all day but some people wont understand the pain until they physically see it. Everybody likes to be a tough guy on the net but i just dont see why anyone would be cruel to an animal especially as something as trivial as walking on their car.

The only humane thing i saw was the sonic things than make a high pitched noise to keep the cats and dogs out of your property.
True, and those make sense. Something's wrong with people nowadays, though....everyone seems to want to go to extremes, using guns/knives/poisons, whatever lethal weapon, for something minor.

When I was a kid, I'd throw water out of a window onto some squalling cats that had gotten into a fight. It was hilarious watching how the cats reacted, seeing how they hate water, I laughed my ass off. But, water doesn't injure them, and after a couple soakings, they stayed away.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #84
Sauce118
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI (6spd White)
Quote:

I have plenty of real problems to deal with, which exactly why I wouldn't want to have to deal with a stupid cat scratching my car. and they do scratch the car, I have seen my old neighbor's beemer hood all scratched up from his own cat. It would sit on the hood all the time because it was warm I think.. If it happens one time its not a big deal, but everyday to have a cat sitting on your car that you put more money that its worth into, can turn into a big deal real quick in my book. I was being sarcastic about some things, but to say its not a big deal and that we need to find some "real" problems to care about is arrogant. You spend all day at work making multi-million dollar decisions that affect millions of people, then when you get home you finally make it to the recliner just to look out side and see a cat scratching away at your hood. And this is not something he should worry about? Give me a break. I guess some people just take more pride in their shit that others. Like I said if it was a one time thing then it wouldn't be worth fussing over, but constantly is another beast all together IMO.
2010 GTi 6 spd:Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: PELOQUIN LSD: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: TyrloSport Caliper Stiffener: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: SS ECS Brake Lines: StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors x4: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics MY OUT-DATED BUILD
Sauce118 is offline   Reply With Quote