GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 08-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #99
inc55
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2015 GTI Autobahn 4-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgSlim View Post
inc55

I'm sourcing all of the parts for this install but I have stock Detroits. From your expertise, do you know what size spacer I should buy to clear those. The offset is +51 on those. Their 18".

Thanks,

I don't remember. When I had the 17" VW goals, I needed 3mm spacers.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:53 AM   #100
bgcarter1
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2006 jetta tdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin01 View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys.
FYI Im looking into the "S" pad fitment.
Ill update back when I know something for sure.

Derek
hi, thanks everyone for posting all the information it has helped me greatly in my quest to run passat LCA's and boxster non s calipers. I have stumbled across these pads on ebay, looks like someone managed to machine down a set of boxster s pads to fit (not me by the way, but i will be purchasing ;-)):
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111067243...84.m1423.l2649
bgcarter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #101
Tooly
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: '08 Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcarter1 View Post
hi, thanks everyone for posting all the information it has helped me greatly in my quest to run passat LCA's and boxster non s calipers. I have stumbled across these pads on ebay, looks like someone managed to machine down a set of boxster s pads to fit (not me by the way, but i will be purchasing ;-)):
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111067243...84.m1423.l2649
You don't need to buy machined down Ferodo DS2500 to fit the non-S caliper, Ferodo makes them to fit. I ran them as my first set of pads in my Boxster kit and I just opened the box and slid them in.

http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake-pads/fcp1307h.html

And I have to say they blow the Stoptech's I currently have on the car out of the water.
Tooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:30 AM   #102
carsfeverguy
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooly View Post
You don't need to buy machined down Ferodo DS2500 to fit the non-S caliper, Ferodo makes them to fit. I ran them as my first set of pads in my Boxster kit and I just opened the box and slid them in.

http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake-pads/fcp1307h.html

And I have to say they blow the Stoptech's I currently have on the car out of the water.
Actually, if you want to use the whole rotor face the GTI has, then the regular porsche boxer pads won't do the trick, hence these modified ones... they are taller and sweep the whole rotor, and do not leave the inside 7mm untouched, which then quickly rusts.
carsfeverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #103
inc55
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2015 GTI Autobahn 4-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsfeverguy View Post
Actually, if you want to use the whole rotor face the GTI has, then the regular porsche boxer pads won't do the trick, hence these modified ones... they are taller and sweep the whole rotor, and do not leave the inside 7mm untouched, which then quickly rusts.
True that. Those 7mms are annoying.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #104
bgcarter1
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
True that. Those 7mms are annoying.
yup thats the idea, makes even better use of this upgrade... still putting all the bits together for my upgrade but cant wait to have it done, should be a good upgrade from 288mm discs i currently run!
Old 11-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #105
playmaker
Ready to race!

Drives: Golf v
So finnaly can I use Ferodo s pads to non s calipers unmodified ? What modification do they need in order to prepare them
will they clear my bbs ch-r 8.5 et 47 wheels?

Last edited by playmaker; 11-17-2017 at 09:45 AM.
playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #106
bgcarter1
Passed Driver's Ed

The link i supplied is for pads already modified, or you could grab a grinder and modify your own... its easy, especially if you have the original pads you just sit them on top and mark them.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #107
playmaker
Ready to race!

Drives: Golf v
thank you what abouth bbs ch-r 8.5 et 47 wheels clearance?
playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote