GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
mr wrong
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2017 Golf Alltrack
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by A@ron View Post
Does it just sit in the old MDI slot, or is there a way to clip it in place? Just ordered a RCD330+ and am looking to add more storage in the armrest since the MDI will no longer be used.
It fits snug, so it sort of clips in. It doesn't rattle if that's what you're worried about. I also got the RCD 330+ which is why I did it.. Works very well.. You won't regret it..
__________________
2017 Golf Alltrack - JB4 -
mr wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #16
Dancunn
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2010 Golf
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 6
if anyone is still reading this, i have a mk6 golf (from 2010) that came with no armrest at all. i bought what i think is a mk5 armrest with the big L shaped storage compartment and 3.5mm jack inside used off ebay. it fit pretty well, almost perfectly. i say 'almost' because there is a slight gap between it and where it should meet up with the rest of the center console, but not sure if that is because of an actual issue with how everything should fit, or just my installation. anthracite color matched my titan black interior close enough that i cant tell a difference. didnt require removing or replacing anything forward of the e-brake. the armrest has airvents in the back, but my car has no duct there, so they arent functional. i can provide pics or links to what i bought if anyone wants.
Dancunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #17
A@ron
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: '13 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wrong View Post
It fits snug, so it sort of clips in. It doesn't rattle if that's what you're worried about. I also got the RCD 330+ which is why I did it.. Works very well.. You won't regret it..
Perfect. Was worried it might rattle around. Thanks for confirming!
A@ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #18
mr wrong
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2017 Golf Alltrack
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by A@ron View Post
Perfect. Was worried it might rattle around. Thanks for confirming!
The box itself won't but can't promise it's contents won't.
__________________
2017 Golf Alltrack - JB4 -
mr wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #19
Jarred767
Oval Champion
 
Drives: 2011 White GTI 4DR 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wrong View Post
The box itself won't but can't promise it's contents won't.
Line the inside with some sort of fabric or something. Much less rattle!
Jarred767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #20
A@ron
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: '13 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wrong View Post
The box itself won't but can't promise it's contents won't.

Took your advice and ordered one. Should arrive today.

Forgot how big of a pain in the a$$ the MDI removal was... Hadnít done that since I installed my Euro Cupholder. A cut up credit card wasnít rigid enough, but I had 2 metal collar stays that worked great.

Maybe this will help someone in the future... Using metal collar stays, insert the pointy ends in, slightly angled to the outsides. They should wedge the metal clips and the MDI pops out easily.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A@ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #21
Cal2000
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 13' GTI 4DR AUTOBAHN
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by A@ron View Post
Took your advice and ordered one. Should arrive today.

Forgot how big of a pain in the a$$ the MDI removal was... Hadnít done that since I installed my Euro Cupholder. A cut up credit card wasnít rigid enough, but I had 2 metal collar stays that worked great.

Maybe this will help someone in the future... Using metal collar stays, insert the pointy ends in, slightly angled to the outsides. They should wedge the metal clips and the MDI pops out easily.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am preparing to have euro cupholder installed on my GTI. Probably after Christmas or something. Your pic/info would help A LOT. Thank you
Cal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:50 PM   #22
Cbell3186
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2011 DSG
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 57
X2 on the thanks, I was curious how to remove.
Cbell3186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #23
A@ron
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: '13 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbell3186 View Post
X2 on the thanks, I was curious how to remove.

Glad to help save someone else the frustration. It looks so simple until you give it a go without the right tool!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A@ron is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.