GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

ziento27

Hi all

I’m thinking of buying an RCD330 for the CarPlay functionality but am worried I’ll miss some aspects of my RCD310 DAB.

There’s not much information out there about the radio options on the unit - wondering if anyone in the UK can answer the following?

- Does RDS definitely work or not? And if so, what RDS standards does the unit support? Radio Text? Alternate Frequencies? Programme Identification? Traffic? Etc etc.

- Does the unit allow saving of custom station logos to the radio presets via SD card in the same way the new MIB2 units do?

- Has anyone tried fitting an aftermarket DAB adapter?

- Does the unit recognise existing MDI or Aux inputs via the centre armrest?

Thanks!

RDS doesn’t work for me at all. It’s the worst thing that has the radio.
The MDI input in the centre armrest doesn’t work.

vinamack

Current Bugs:
1. After extended time off, the speaker fader resets to driver side front only. I have to go into fader settings and change it to middle.

2. Turning on the device sometimes audio resets to 0 volume. You either have to adjust volume up and sometimes power off and back on again.

follow up to my post: Looks like the seller is now selling the android auto version bug free. One of the reviews say the fader and volume bug is now fixed. I'm going to pm the seller and see if I can get the update for mine.

Keep yall posted.

PS: Apple map is awful. Google please put google maps and waze on carplay.

lgrunauer1

Instructions please?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think unchecking bit 6 should deactivate the camera function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, can someone please post instructions on how to uncheck bit 6 to disable the backup camera message?

Many thanks!

The Red Warrior

Hello, can someone please post instructions on how to uncheck bit 6 to disable the backup camera message?

Many thanks!

You need VCDS to do this. I've done it but don't remember exactly how, but it's pretty obvious when your in VCDS. Just go to radio and uncheck the box with reverse camera installed.

SQADan

follow up to my post: Looks like the seller is now selling the android auto version bug free. One of the reviews say the fader and volume bug is now fixed. I'm going to pm the seller and see if I can get the update for mine.

Keep yall posted.

PS: Apple map is awful. Google please put google maps and waze on carplay.

Who did you buy from?

greenhornet

I think there's only 1 type that support Android Auto, search for "upring store" on aliexpress, my new unit is perfect.

Anyone with a no name 187B unit can upgrade to Android Auto with just a firmware update via USB. I've flashed 2 units and both work fine.

greenhornet

What is the process involved for flashing the headunit?

Pop the firmware on a USB stick and put it into the HU. Hold the setup button until the 'update software' menu appears and then simply select the firmware version and you're away. That's it really, super simple :)

steelgraygtp

Pop the firmware on a USB stick and put it into the HU. Hold the setup button until the 'update software' menu appears and then simply select the firmware version and you're away. That's it really, super simple :)

That is simple. Where can you download the firmware? As long as the unit has carplay it can be updated?

dadjoke

Hey everyone,

I installed the RCD330-B in my '14 Tiguan R-Line (OEM camera), and I'm receiving the “Rear View camera system is currently not available” error message.

With my AV converter/video signal adapter, the Battery+, GND-, and Back wires are not connected to anything. Do any/all wires need to be connected to pick up the signal?

Aside from that, and the post-Siri volume adjustments, the head unit is great. I have no issues with my Fender system, as well.

disbeedin

Hey everyone,

I installed the RCD330-B in my '14 Tiguan R-Line (OEM camera), and I'm receiving the “Rear View camera system is currently not available” error message.

With my AV converter/video signal adapter, the Battery+, GND-, and Back wires are not connected to anything. Do any/all wires need to be connected to pick up the signal?

Aside from that, and the post-Siri volume adjustments, the head unit is great. I have no issues with my Fender system, as well.

Ive read this entire thread and not a single person has been able to answer this question. Im dying to know where these wires need to be spliced!!!