GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Trying to see who's still out there tracking their mk6. I've had a pretty good season so far, been to autobahn, gingerman, blackhawk farms, and grattan. I'm going back to grattan in 3 weeks and then planning on hitting putnam park in indianapolis. Grattan has definitely been the most fun track I've been to yet, they have tons of blind off camber turns and elevation changes that bring a lot of excitement and challenges.

So far this is the third year for me tracking the gti and it's doing great. I've had my intercooler hose pop off twice on me this season but that's really the only problem. I am changing my intercooler and adding an oil cooler in a few weeks to help with the heat. Running RS3 tires, they look great after 5 track days. My brake pads will likely need to get changed before the next one though, Carbotech xp10 - they might have one more day in them but I don't want to risk it.

Anywho. Who else is out there? Tell me about your season!

red_stapler

Ready to race!
I've been focused on paying off credit card debt this year, but I'm hoping to get to a HPDE this fall.

Lao278

Passed Driver's Ed
People track their Golfs? I thought people only bought them to put bagz and Roti's on them to win car shows

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I plan on going to the SCCA track night at NJMP later this month.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I don't consider myself a Track Rat, but this little car has renewed an old interest, it's not really fast power wise but a very good tool to practice skills and surprise myself and others, on sh!t tires no less. :happyanim:
of
I've done several days with our Golf 2.5, from Roebling Road Track near Savanah GA, other tracks at Calibogie ON, Shannonville ON, Toronto Motorsport Park ON. In the last weeks Lime Rock CT with the C360R Race Team, the Principal of the Team was my PCA Driver Coach for many years, so invited to attend their test and tune track days. The APR guy was there, they don't support the MK6 2.5 but provided alot of good engine tuning info none the less.

Heading back to my home on Hilton Head SC next weekend for a few weeks, so with new sh!t tires, Porterfield Brake Pads and Koni Sports Struts and Shocks installed, I'm hoping to do another day at Roebling Road and do Tail of the Dragon to sort out the rear suspension setup a bit with the new shocks. I find it's abit too tight right now for my liking, I actually loved the lively handling of the stock rear shocks better as I was able to balance on the power more like in my vintage Porsche. Prolly more a case of more balls than brains tho !:p

People track their Golfs? I thought people only bought them to put bagz and Roti's on them to win car shows
I hope you're joking as I'm tired of GTI owner dumping on Golfs, only sh!t drivers need a suped up package to go fast and feel good about themselves.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Haven't tracked since last November, but I do give it the beans at every ramp and back road I can. Car is K04 with almost 140k and my latest set of Yokohama tires have been great. I have VWR mounts and a sweet Wortec oil pan to install yet.

George11

Ready to race!
I second red stapler's post, focused on paying off cc debt then back to the track. I have been focusing on Buttonwillow though have done all so cal tracks since last August.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Awesome. I've got some new suspension for winter as well. Went a bit overboard... How is streets of willow? looks like a fun track!

I had a blast there. I did CCW and loved every second of it.

They have new tarmac out there which definitely doesn't grip as well.

Going to be running two different wheel/tire
setups next season for sure

jay745

I had a blast there. I did CCW and loved every second of it.

They have new tarmac out there which definitely doesn't grip as well.

Going to be running two different wheel/tire
setups next season for sure

What tires and wheels? I'm just waiting on the last few bits of hardware to come in and then getting to work on the car.

Winter plans:
Eibach multi pro R2 coilovers with Vorshlag camber plates
powerflex 95a poly bushings for the rear suspension (all of them)
rebuilding my stoptech brakes
changing intercoolers from neuspeed to eurojet
setrab oil cooler up front

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
What tires and wheels? I'm just waiting on the last few bits of hardware to come in and then getting to work on the car.

Winter plans:
Eibach multi pro R2 coilovers with Vorshlag camber plates
powerflex 95a poly bushings for the rear suspension (all of them)
rebuilding my stoptech brakes
changing intercoolers from neuspeed to eurojet
setrab oil cooler up front

Thats a nice mod list. Definitely interested in the oil cooler particularly.

I ran SoW last on Michelin PSS (225/40/18) on Team Dynamic 18x8 wheels (18lbs).

I intend to daily the PSS on my Enkei GT7s (22lbs) and throw on some 595 RSRs (235/40/18) on the Team Dynamics. Then swap at the track

zrickety

The Fixer

jay745

Thats a nice mod list. Definitely interested in the oil cooler particularly.

I ran SoW last on Michelin PSS (225/40/18) on Team Dynamic 18x8 wheels (18lbs).

I intend to daily the PSS on my Enkei GT7s (22lbs) and throw on some 595 RSRs (235/40/18) on the Team Dynamics. Then swap at the track
Good plan. I can only imagine pss do pretty bad on the track.
Looks good. Did you find a kit or is it something you have to piece together?
Pieced it together and fabbing up a bracket myself since nobody makes one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk