GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #43
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
tofu, was your APR tune bench flashed or was it flashed through the odb2 port? I wonder if that makes a difference.

I had no problems overwriting APR with the ap.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #44
flakomk6
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 mk6
Maybe tofu can move this to a new thread? So we donít keep on using the dsg one ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flakomk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:27 PM   #45
tofuD01
Autocross Champion

Drives: VW Golf Mk6 Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
tofu, was your APR tune bench flashed or was it flashed through the odb2 port? I wonder if that makes a difference.

I had no problems overwriting APR with the ap.
I am assuming it is done through the OBD2, tuner had his laptop and cable going through in driver seat (I was in the lounge and they had video feed on TV).

Stratified got back saying I should submit ECU data which is what I've done or get my car flashed back to stock.

I'll stop being off topic now lol.
2010 GTi DSG || APR ECU Stage 2 v2.4 | TCU v1.6 || APR Downpipe || Pipercross Intake || Soundaktor Delete || VWR Springs w/ TT struts || 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert || GFB DV+ w/ main spring || GY Eagle F1 A3 (fronts) || 'R8' Coilpacks + BKR7EIX (0.025")
tofuD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #46
COBB Tuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2012 GTI, 2015 GTI, 2016 GTI
Update! As of this morning, 12/1 @ 11:30am CST I have drafted a list of everyone that has submitted DSG ROM files through the provided link. THANK YOU! We received just over 100 submissions and this will definitely go a long way in ensuring we have complete coverage of DSG vehicles upon release.

On that note, we are currently on track to release DSG support sometime in Q2 of 2018. Upon release, our Customer Service Team will be able to verify those of you who submitted ROM files and apply the 10% discount to your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuD01 View Post
I am assuming it is done through the OBD2, tuner had his laptop and cable going through in driver seat (I was in the lounge and they had video feed on TV).

Stratified got back saying I should submit ECU data which is what I've done or get my car flashed back to stock.

I'll stop being off topic now lol.
No worries with being off topic! We are aware of some additional Mk6 International ROMs that are not currently supported and do have plans to add support for them in the future (likely after DSG is released). For now, submitting the ROM file just as you've done is all we ask (along with some patience).

Marshall@COBB

VW EXPERT GROUP - ALEX FOX | CHRIS BLACK | CHRIS MOUNTAIN | DREW GORRIE | JASON GABOURY | IAN ARMSTRONG | MARSHALL GLASGOW
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
COBB Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #47
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Update! As of this morning, 12/1 @ 11:30am CST I have drafted a list of everyone that has submitted DSG ROM files through the provided link. THANK YOU! We received just over 100 submissions and this will definitely go a long way in ensuring we have complete coverage of DSG vehicles upon release.

On that note, we are currently on track to release DSG support sometime in Q2 of 2018. Upon release, our Customer Service Team will be able to verify those of you who submitted ROM files and apply the 10% discount to your order.

Marshall@COBB
Cool cool. Thanks Marshall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:34 PM   #48
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Quote:
We are aware of some additional Mk6 International ROMs that are not currently supported and do have plans to add support for them in the future (likely after DSG is released)

Marshall@COBB
Me waiting for ROW updates that the USA got 5 months ago (Soon to be 9-12 if after Q2 '18 .....) Hire more engineers!

Old 12-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #49
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Me waiting for ROW updates that the USA got 5 months ago (Soon to be 9-12 if after Q2 '18 .....) Hire more engineers!

Lol. Isle of man is always last on the minds of people until the bikes show up.
Quote:
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #50
tofuD01
Autocross Champion

Quote:

No worries with being off topic! We are aware of some additional Mk6 International ROMs that are not currently supported and do have plans to add support for them in the future (likely after DSG is released). For now, submitting the ROM file just as you've done is all we ask (along with some patience).

Marshall@COBB
I hope this is sooner rather than later, I had just flashed my car back to stock from apr and the AP still doesn't install onto my car.

Running stock really feels underwhelming.
2010 GTi DSG || APR ECU Stage 2 v2.4 | TCU v1.6 || APR Downpipe || Pipercross Intake || Soundaktor Delete || VWR Springs w/ TT struts || 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert || GFB DV+ w/ main spring || GY Eagle F1 A3 (fronts) || 'R8' Coilpacks + BKR7EIX (0.025")
Old 12-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #51
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Lol. Isle of man is always last on the minds of people until the bikes show up.
I know! At least I can still pour cash into my e46 BMW..... It's just developed the worst rod knock after the last track day hahaha new engine time!
Old 12-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #52
tofuD01
Autocross Champion

2 weeks and a AP firmware update later...still no support for my car... #feelsbadman