GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #1
penpal
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 07 GTI, 13 Golf R
Totalled the R?

So a lady cut me off at an intersection and slammed on her brakes. I ended up rear ending her, but luckily I had a witness saw her cut me off. Lady ended up getting charged. My car looks pretty bad, both fenders pushed back crumpled against the door, windshield cracked, both front airbags deployed, and the rad support pushed back to the engine.

Sorry I don't have better pics.

penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
Norvix

Drives: 2013 CW MK6 GTI
Damn that really sucks man, although lucky you had a witness. Correct me if I’m wrong that looks like Newmarket, Driving around the GTA a good dash cam is pretty much necessary imo
Norvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
penpal
Go Kart Newbie

It was by the employee parking at the airport, I was going home from work.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:32 PM   #4
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I am so sorry. Are you okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #5
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Geeesh man r U ok? It's happening a lot in the 6 where people cut in front and light up the brakes. Hate it. Or as soon as you change lanes behind them the mash the brakes. I got two of the Canadian Tire dash cam for $50 Black Friday sale.. one goes in the front and I'm gonna put the second in the rear. Lil protection from the idiots

Biggest Q will be what damage is done to the frame. Sub frame, fenders and rad support can be replaced.

Hopefully it's cosmetic surgery only. Good luck mang
Old 12-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #6
alpha3
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '14 CSG GTI
Owwwwwch, that hurts just to look at it. Hope you are all right, I see the driver airbag deployed; I had a similar occurrence a few years ago with my A3 sportback, the damage was about the same, but it had significant hidden damage too. Insurance tried to fix it anyway, but it ended up being totaled.

Hope it works out ok for you.
alpha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #7
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
you are so lucky a witness stayed to back your story. Otherwise you would be at fault. Lucky everyone is okay. Cars are replaceable even if its a inconvenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #8
penpal
Go Kart Newbie

Ya I'm lucky there was a witness. Loved the car, spent so much money on it but tbh I hope it gets totalled. Both airbags are out and I doubt the car will ever be the same.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #9
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Carbon Steel Grey DSG
Sorry this happened to you, glad you are OK. Do go to a doctor & get checked out if you haven't done so yet. You never know what may pop up a few days or weeks later. That may also give you a bit of leverage with her insurance company should you need it.

You are very fortunate there was a witness there for you. I hope all goes well & her insurance makes you whole again.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
zef
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Even though it looks bad I bet the car itself is structurally sound. The front nose of cars nowadays crumple like cardboard to help absorb impact. Car definitely won't be totaled. The exception is if the impact caused the engine to skip timing and it bent a valve or two. Then the new engine on top of the body work might do you in.
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #11
Rickybobbi
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
Why did the person just cut in front of you to slam on the brakes? What ever happened to just giving the finger and going about your way..
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #12
penpal
Go Kart Newbie

The person switched lanes right before the intersection without checking and was already 2 feet in front of me. As the light turned red she decided to slam on her brakes and I hit her. If you see the first pic my car is right at the line.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:22 PM   #13
Rickybobbi
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
Ya noticed that. Sorry to hear. Glad your ok tho. It really bugs me when people don't look in there blind spot or even do the lazy lean in and check side mirrors.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote