GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

who128

Ready to race!
Tell us about your season?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10 track events this season. Still pushing the car and myself to its limit before getting into the power mods. All mods that i have on the car is purely for handling.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
10 track events this season. Still pushing the car and myself to its limit before getting into the power mods. All mods that i have on the car is purely for handling.

I seem to remember you smoking my time at Buttonwillow back in May (if you are who i think you are ;) )

Seriously good driving dude

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
If you guys seriously run all year I can probably plan a trip out there next November or December. Plenty of time for me to finish the local season and rent a truck and trailer for a road trip

I will probably be in Oregon by that time. But i would make a trip down to the bay for a laguna seca run

who128

Ready to race!
If you guys seriously run all year I can probably plan a trip out there next November or December. Plenty of time for me to finish the local season and rent a truck and trailer for a road trip

Hopefully it doesn't rain in Nov and Dec its a gamble. BTW i looked at your build http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2551297&postcount=1069

How did you managed to get hot spots? i've got 10 track days on my rotors ST40 and its still fine besides a lot of micro cracks.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Hopefully it doesn't rain in Nov and Dec its a gamble. BTW i looked at your build http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2551297&postcount=1069

How did you managed to get hot spots? i've got 10 track days on my rotors ST40 and its still fine besides a lot of micro cracks.
I don't know the exact number but those rotors had about 20 track days on them. I feel like I got my monies worth out of em. Love the brakes but good lord they are expensive to rebuild. I'm doing all new pistons seals dust boots this winter.

who128

Ready to race!
I don't know the exact number but those rotors had about 20 track days on them. I feel like I got my monies worth out of em. Love the brakes but good lord they are expensive to rebuild. I'm doing all new pistons seals dust boots this winter.

Yeah i just ordered a set of replacement rotors. I'll rebuild my caliper when i really need to. The dust boots are a lil bit torn but w/e. Is your aluminum hats all purple like mine? haha

I've recently finished using my Endless Racing ME20 pads. Now im testing out Project Mu R999. I just ordered a set of Dixcel RA pads as well.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah i just ordered a set of replacement rotors. I'll rebuild my caliper when i really need to. The dust boots are a lil bit torn but w/e. Is your aluminum hats all purple like mine? haha

I've recently finished using my Endless Racing ME20 pads. Now im testing out Project Mu R999. I just ordered a set of Dixcel RA pads as well.

Yeah the hats are discolored a bit and the caliper paint is fading hard now too. . Oh well lol

George11

Ready to race!
Did about 6 track events this year, mainly focused on Buttonwillow raceway because last year I went and did every track in So Cal area and realized I was just learning tracks instead of refining. I have reduced my lap time to a 2:10 at Buttonwillow on Falken RT615K+ 225/45/17, I am thinking of bumping up to 245/40/17 I saw a post claiming that is a good size to run. What tire size are you running, confirm / deny any info on 245?

I have added the Wortec Oil pan to help prevent oil starvation in corners and tested it at Chuckwalla, unlike the last time I was there I did not have to keep on adding oil after each track session. The oil pan has extra bolt holes for an oil cooler and temp sensor. I will probably add a temp sensor and gauge in 2018.

2018 plans for driving have not been laid out. I always do Fastivus.

2018 upgrade plans are probably carbon hood for weight reduction, oil temp gauge and boost gauge & find a used set of coilovers to rebuild then replace the Koni Coilovers.

My instagram is @georgesangster