GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #267
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 GTI Black Wolfsburg DSG/K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegygti View Post
I think I'm stuck somewhere around centre console and Emerg brake.......
wow, thats too far. did you take out the screw near the gas pedal?

There is also a clip underneath the handbreak which require you to pull it as far up as possible. PULL!!!
---APR K04 V3.1. APR Downpipe. Godspeed V2 intercooler. OZ Utraleggera. Stoptech ST40 BBK. Milltek Catback. Autotech Clubsport/DG springs. BSH 27mm RSB. WALK kit. 034 Billet Insert/motor/tran mount. AFE stage 2 intake. Unltronic DV relocation. OEM bi-xenon Conversion. Rear footwell. Depo LED tails. OEM euro front lip. Ebay fender flares.
theunholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #268
Keegygti
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: VW GTI 2009
Yes I unscrewed by the gas pedal but I can't view the pictures from the first page to unscrew the rear console. Im missing something here....?
Keegygti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #269
Keegygti
Go Kart Newbie

Old 06-02-2016, 05:02 PM   #270
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
there is a screw inside the armrest I can see in that pic.

Also, here is another link that should give you an idea how to get to the screw for the cupholders.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51761
---APR K04 V3.1. APR Downpipe. Godspeed V2 intercooler. OZ Utraleggera. Stoptech ST40 BBK. Milltek Catback. Autotech Clubsport/DG springs. BSH 27mm RSB. WALK kit. 034 Billet Insert/motor/tran mount. AFE stage 2 intake. Unltronic DV relocation. OEM bi-xenon Conversion. Rear footwell. Depo LED tails. OEM euro front lip. Ebay fender flares.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #271
Keegygti
Go Kart Newbie

Yeah I unscrewed the whole centre console and I can't pull it out. This is the most stupidest mod I have ever done.... Im about to give it up!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:52 PM   #272
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Yeah I unscrewed the whole centre console and I can't pull it out. This is the most stupidest mod I have ever done.... Im about to give it up!

And there is a clip on the bottom of the handbrake lever. I think you need to take the lever out as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f9bf7a216cab8a77a8beba6886aa42c3.jpg (91.4 KB, 587 views)
Old 06-02-2016, 06:28 PM   #273
Keegygti
Go Kart Newbie

The red question mark is the air conditioning... Im trying to take the whole thing out but I think the AC is in the way.....
Old 06-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #274
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
The red question mark is the air conditioning... Im trying to take the whole thing out but I think the AC is in the way.....
Im talking about the circled screw, when I did mine, I just get all the screw out and lift it up enough so i can unbolt the cupholder.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #275
Keegygti
Go Kart Newbie

I got it figured out I forgot to take the screw out under the rubber in the cup holder. I got it installed! Holy lol thanks for the help tho. Much appreciated!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #276
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
I finally got one installed this weekend. I've wanted these damn cup holders since I bought the car over 3 years lol

The install wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it was still a pain in the ass. I actually managed to put all the panels back together correctly, and somehow I was able to unscrew the old cupholder out and screw the new one in. A little t20 screwdriver would have helped a lot for this...

http://furmanka.blogspot.com/2006/03...cupholder.html
I used this guide for some of the pictures that were missing in the OP. I know it's not the same car, but the rear AC area is set up just like our car.

Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #277
Cal2000
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 13' GTI 4DR AUTOBAHN
I would like to give this DIY a shot. I see that original pics have been removed. Has anyone converted the OP's post w/ pics into PDF that can be shared with me? Thanks much in advance!

Last edited by Cal2000; 11-20-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Cal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #278
Cal2000
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 13' GTI 4DR AUTOBAHN
Finally had it installed. Took all time in the world to make sure everything is fit perfect.
I would like to thank INC55 for the original DIY and for answering all my questions via PM's. I also would like to thank you GIACUser for the Photobucket workaround solution using Google Chrome plug-in. I wouldn't have been able to get this install done without the pics. I am not much of a DIY/mechanic person.
Golfmk6 is a great community. Thank you!!!

Not being a DIY guy, I don't have many tools at home. This wrench was a lifesaver for me for many tight spots that I had to deal with.

I used shop towels to protect finishes around the parts that I had to yank around and also to cover the abyss where I could have dropped torx screws accidentally.

Making sure to take time to push and line up all panels as I was tightening the torx screws really helped tightening all panel gaps

Loving it!
Cal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote