GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Never was too concerned with wheels but my stock Serrons got damaged recently. It should be pinned to the first page but this may be a good opportunity to go aftermarket and get a slightly better fitting wheel and tire package.

I'm looking for a flush fender fitment. 18" wheels and tire sizes available most likely in PSS or the replacement Conti DW. I am stock height and don't ever plan on lowering. Would something like a 18x8 40et with a 235/40/R18 be correct?

I really liked the Serrons for an OEM wheel. Lagunas are nice too. I have a candy white GTI and think charcoal or a black/polished wheel would look best. I am picky when it comes to wheels and what I like but one that has caught my eye is the Nuespeed RSe10. Good ratio of openness to spoke, 5 spoke design to align with 5x112 bolt pattern, lightweight, pricey?

lolagti

Never was too concerned with wheels but my stock Serrons got damaged recently. It should be pinned to the first page but this may be a good opportunity to go aftermarket and get a slightly better fitting wheel and tire package.

I'm looking for a flush fender fitment. 18" wheels and tire sizes available most likely in PSS or the replacement Conti DW. I am stock height and don't ever plan on lowering. Would something like a 18x8 40et with a 235/40/R18 be correct?

I really liked the Serrons for an OEM wheel. Lagunas are nice too. I have a candy white GTI and think charcoal or a black/polished wheel would look best. I am picky when it comes to wheels and what I like but one that has caught my eye is the Nuespeed RSe10. Good ratio of openness to spoke, 5 spoke design to align with 5x112 bolt pattern, lightweight, pricey?
Our cars typically use 225/40/R18 but at stock ride height, 235 will fit easily. However, if you're looking for flush fitment you would need to lower at least an inch to be kinda flush, as long as you stick with the thicker tire, 235. Just my personal opinion, but our gti's with thick rubber and stock ride height look a bit chunky.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

lolagti

Our cars typically use 225/40/R18 but at stock ride height, 235 will fit easily. However, if you're looking for flush fitment you would need to lower at least an inch to be kinda flush, as long as you stick with the thicker tire, 235. Just my personal opinion, but our gti's with thick rubber and stock ride height look a bit chunky.

I do think the neuspeed rse10's are pretty neat and lightweight is a plus.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!

I hope I am understanding but I would like the outside of the tire to be fairly flush to the upper fender. From what I have read a 10mm front 15mm spacers are required for OEM wheels with a 51et.

With an 18x8 45et 235/40/R18 the wheel will stick out 12.4mm more than OEM. http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...ct2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=45

CHerna

Ready to race!
I hope I am understanding but I would like the outside of the tire to be fairly flush to the upper fender. From what I have read a 10mm front 15mm spacers are required for OEM wheels with a 51et.

With an 18x8 45et 235/40/R18 the wheel will stick out 12.4mm more than OEM. http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...ct2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=45

I have 10mm & 15mm spacers on my car. The rear is more flush than the front, IMO. The front could come out a few more mm.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I'm going to contact a local wheel repair shop today to see if my Serron's can be saved. I really like them and if they can be saved I'll purchase some spacers and call it a day.

avni

Ready to race!
Does anyone run Wheel spacers with stock suspension ?

Bought a used GTI 2013

Been on the fence about buying a new suspension kit (Coilovers/cupkits)

Someone said after doing this ride quality is DRASTICALLY decreased. Bounciness?

I really want my car to get a lower look.. not crazy but def lower.

any recommendations ?

I'm on Lagunas ATM (Love these rims). Only complain about the lagunas is that SOMETIMES under certain angles they look small?

CHerna

Ready to race!

Bought a used GTI 2013

Someone said after doing this ride quality is DRASTICALLY decreased. Bounciness?

any recommendations ?

I'm on Lagunas ATM (Love these rims). Only complain about the lagunas is that SOMETIMES under certain angles they look small?

My BC's are great. Adjustable dampening, so I can set the firmness where I want. I have them set in the middle. Not bouncy at all. They feel very close to stock, with the exception of hitting large bumps.

BC's come with the strut mounts for the front. You will only need to replace the rear - if you want.

Sachz71

Bought a used GTI 2013

any recommendations ?

I just got spacers , 10mm and 15mm , on stock wheels.
Lowering car with Blistein coilovers, I choose coils in case I want to go lower.

Subzeuro

Hi guys, im looking at buying a set of alphards 18x8.5et35 on 215/35 in the front, 18x9.5et40 on 215/40 in the back, im on h&r supersports, was wondering how they would fit, if anyone has similar specs and if id run into any problems

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Have a great opportunity to buy barely used H&R ultralows extremely cheap want to make sure I won't have issues, will do screw mod but want to make sure I will not have issues with current setup before pulling trigger.

18x8 et50 with conti dw 225/40 r18 will I have issues dropping it 1.5-2in on ultralows? Do I need to roll fenders before install to be safe? Doing screw mod regardless.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Have a great opportunity to buy barely used H&R ultralows extremely cheap want to make sure I won't have issues, will do screw mod but want to make sure I will not have issues with current setup before pulling trigger.

18x8 et50 with conti dw 225/40 r18 will I have issues dropping it 1.5-2in on ultralows? Do I need to roll fenders before install to be safe? Doing screw mod regardless.

You'll be 100% fine. Your wheels/tires aren't that aggressive & the negative camber from lowering will help you clear everything

rancheroebay

H&R supersports, stock struts, stock detroits 18x7.5 et51, 225-40-18 tires, 10mm spacers front, 15mm spacers rear, fender screw mod. And i have no fender rub.
Thought i would post a reference picture for those that are looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk