GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #15
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Welcome, I came from a Honda Crx. You will love stage 1, do it sooner than later. The clutch may slip at WOT but you can easily back off the gas a bit and it will last a long time. Don't sweat the water pump, if it's not leaking you're good. My 2010 has 144k and still on the original pump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:39 PM   #16
Antman
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 GTI
Thanks everyone. Will look into everything. Most likely in the spring when I can take some time outside to work on it. Canít wait to get some nice summer tires on it. The majority of the ten speeding tickets were in my youth. Love this car more every time I drive it!
Antman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #17
aj_law
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
Whalecum to the club.

('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 125K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip // Black emblems/grille stripes // OEM R Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #18
ithrashmotors
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 gti
Welcome bro! Former Honda fanboy also (still am actually lol) and I felt the exact same way as you with this being my first vw. Car is great tho and the torque is a big change from a high revving Honda. Your gonna love it on a tune.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2017, 04:04 AM   #19
Antman
Passed Driver's Ed

Two weeks with the car and I can definitely say I mad the right choice. I love this car. Itís too bad the weather has been so shitty in the northeast. I canít wait to get some real tires in some good weather. This car is better then my SI in lots of ways. I always used to read in car and driver and see the gti get more love but now I see why. The overall quality seems better. There are a few things. I do like about the SI more. Th shifter in my opinion is better in the SI. Not the the GTI is bad just the SI is that good. Iím not sure which seats I like more. The SI was also really good there but the gti is also so good. The fabric does seem slippery though. Anything I put there ends up sliding off. Thatís probably due to the way I drive too. Iím also a fan of the plaid. Just weird to see if you donít know why itís there. Just to clarify my SI was a 06. I think the seats have a little bit different material in some of the later years that made them worse. Both of them were Red so they both looked a little more Racy? Iím not going to do anything to the outside as it already gets attention. Wheel definetly go to the GTI although Iím not sure if I really like the Denver wheels l. Not going to change them though. I will learn to love them. The black they put on them inside really helps the looks. The SI had a really good steering wheel and it was one of my favorite things about it but the GTIs is the best. Awsome, Awsome, Awsome. I just hav a base so no buttons but most of what the buttons can do are right on the levers behind the steering wheel. I do think those levers are just a bit too close to the steering wheel. Thatís just me nitpicking though. I think I actually like no buttons so when I do the stereo I donít have to get an extra box to make stereo controls work. I hate having something that doesnít work but if itís not there to begin with problem solved. I almost bought another Si. I wanted an 06 to 08 and I found one in new your with 20000 miles. I called but they said they would only go down 300 bucks . They wanted 14700 for it. I know the miles were low but the car was 21000 new and itís ten years old. I offered 12500 for it. Glad they didnít take it because I love this car. Plus itís nice getting something different. Anyway Iím not saying this car is better I just feel I made the right decision. The one thing I do miss is the vtec kick. If you have driven one you know what I mean. Iím sure a stage 1 is all I need to forget that. Iím a little confused as to why there is so much power left that VW didnít bump it up a little more earlier. At leas itís fairly cheep to do. Not that I throw around 6 to 700 bucks like itís nothing. Anyway thatís about it for now. Hopefully I meet someone around the area into them. Oh yeah I think I have decided on APR tuning. Although the COBB access port seems nice I really donít know much about working on cars and could do some serious damage if I make a mistake. Well thatís it for now. Think Iím going to go for a late drive to the store and take the long way back. Even though itís freezing outside.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:05 AM   #20
Antman
Passed Driver's Ed

Oh yeah thanks, itís always nice to be whale cummed to the club
Old 12-27-2017, 04:49 AM   #21
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Yeah we like to jerk off whales onto the new members as a rite of passage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #22
Antman
Passed Driver's Ed

The Honda guys never whale cummed me to the club. You guys are much nicer. I do have one question. I searched but I seemed to get mixed answers. I want to do a stereo. I had Memphis speakers in one car. By the way they are awesome. I don't know if anyone here has heard them but they are the best. The speakers had tweeters built in but were crossed over. I had never seen that before but I plan on using them again and disabling the tweeters. They sound crappy with certain songs. Or maybe put some other tweeter in there but I don't think it will be needed. The question is about the head unit. I have the stock non upgraded one but I would like a touch screen. If I buy the OEM touchscreen one of someone on ebay is it 100 percent plug and play? Just switch and use same cables. I also listen to XM a lot so thats important. I would like to keep all the MFI info if I can and if this is just plugging in the touch screen factory unit I will probably just go that route. If not I might buy one of those factory OEM style radios but the only one I have read into I don't think it had XM. I think a OEM touch screen can be bought for around 200 to 250 so that would be the best route if I can just plug it in. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #23
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
VW>HONDA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
notovicrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #24
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
welcome. im not a mainer but im close. i work out on the NH coast but dont do too much time past there unless im going to the Kittery trading post to look at things that go boom.

hoping to be able to make it to Vactionland VAGfair this summer.

also consider going stage 2 ;-)

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:30 PM   #25
Antman
Passed Driver's Ed

I didnít know there was a vagfair. That seems like a good place to learn a bit.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:07 PM   #26
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antman View Post
I didnít know there was a vagfair. That seems like a good place to learn a bit.
just a weekend long enthusiast gathering. ive never been but sounds like a good time.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote