GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone hit 250,000 miles yet??

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
So I'm about to roll over a quarter million miles on my mk6 gti. I'm hoping I have the highest mileage mk6 out there currently, and it's still as reliable as day 1.

Anyone over 250,000 yet? Or close?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm no where close to that, maybe in 10 years or so. Congrats & keep adding miles to your GTI! :thumbsup:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I am at 139K miles... i change the juice often. Wondering if i should change out the injectors @ 150K ... i know i am doing the pcv next pil change. Good to know these cars are good for the distance!

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Original motor and MTX. 3rd clutch. Timing chain & tensioner replaced at 90K when it jumped a tooth. Turbo started using oil around 210k, went K04. Yes a ton of fluids! LOL

Last edited:

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Turbo started using oil around 210, installed K04 at 214,000. My car only uses oil when I drive in boost a lot. I rarely add between oil chnages.

As much as I love modding, reliability is my #1 concern due to me driving as much as I do. So if it isn't broken, I tend to leave it alone.

MKVInnie

Passed Driver's Ed
Turbo started using oil around 210, installed K04 at 214,000. My car only uses oil when I drive in boost a lot. I rarely add between oil chnages.

As much as I love modding, reliability is my #1 concern due to me driving as much as I do. So if it isn't broken, I tend to leave it alone.

That is so badass. You are my hero.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Damn, so that's a little over 4k miles every month for the last 5 years. I barely do 1000 miles in a month. Now that I moved closer to work I probably only do about 500 miles a month.

zrickety

The Fixer
Awesome. I'm at 150k but hoping to go the distance with this one. Will become my dedicated race car eventually.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
250k miles...In Minnesota...where there is snow and salt for like 9 months of the year?? I'm even more impressed now