GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your Top Speed?

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
SICK ^^

Do you experience LOUD tire noise?

My tires SCREAM when im doing over 80 LOL embarrassing shit

No loud tire noise. Using hancook v12's. Good summer tire, well I only have summer in FL except this week where it's 65 in the day and 45 at night, they just spin when it's cold but dead hook launching in first gear when it's hot.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Need more steam

Next I'm doing the boost piping and possibly a gfb so I can hold more boost higher in the rpms. Other than that, I want to make a stage 1 car rape stage 2 cars, that isn't likely but I think I can do it with some basic bolt ons. I love the car being so quiet and it's insanely responsive still.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
I've only been up to 120mph in my gti (I don't want a ticket, so I only tried that a few times), but....

last summer I was in Germany. The plan was to rent a GTI so I could see what I could do in a car as close to mine as possible. Well they didn't give me a gti, but instead a special edition called the Golf Allstar. It's hard to find specs on it, even after switching my google region to Germany. I gather they made the allstar editions to promote a 2016 soccer match, it was a 1.4L TSI with 150hp and a top speed of 216 kph. I hit every bit of that on the autobahn. I swear I got that little engine north of 220kph. Maybe it was downhill. : )

It felt really stable, probably due to the pure silk of the autobahn pavement, but it wasn't nerve racking at all. Most of the time I was cruising at 160kph (100mph) which felt like going 65mph on the crappy New York highways. Getting past left and, well just left by bmw's and audi's.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m on the old APR stage 1 tune with CAI. In comfort mode mine shifted from 5th to 6th at 125mph. I let off at 130 because I was a bit unnerved by the fact that when it shifted, I felt myself get pressed into the seat again. I find it hard to believe that it could feel that strong at 130 and be that close to its top end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Stage 2 will help a lot with that, gives it way more life up top than stage 1. Also curious how you managed to put a down payment on a car part

Idk maybe because I'm special lol . But seriously my performance shop allows that . Who knows why . It's just possible to do downpayments on parts . And I wanna do one last run with stage 1 more fuel in tank and GPS on this time . Hopefully the 135 mph thing was just a fluke

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Idk maybe because I'm special lol . But seriously my performance shop allows that . Who knows why . It's just possible to do downpayments on parts . And I wanna do one last run with stage 1 more fuel in tank and GPS on this time . Hopefully the 135 mph thing was just a fluke
i did 127mph completely stock. It fuel cut(speed limiter) long before the gears were finished.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I think my car has a limit of 260kmh/161mph. It doesnt go any faster than that, im sure it has a limiter, since it probably should go faster. 330hp, stock exhaust-non res, stage 1 dsg tune.

Is this normal, or do you guys think it could go faster...?

Pretty sure tunes remove top speed limiter, but they do not change gear ratios

This. You can have twice the power, but if your gearing tops out it tops out. You will get to that point a lot faster with twice the power.

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
Pretty sure tunes remove top speed limiter, but they do not change gear ratios

This. You can have twice the power, but if your gearing tops out it tops out. You will get to that point a lot faster with twice the power.

Now i read this, it actually makes sense. My gears indeed top out at 260kmh/161mph, the RPM is somewhere near 6600 at that point (shifts up at 6800 normally.

My dsg tune only includes - no rev limiter, doesnt shift up(by its self)/no kickdown in manual. The gear ratio is still the same as stock.

Thanks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Increasing your rev limiter increases your gear top speed however.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Increasing your rev limiter increases your gear top speed however.
by maybe a few mph... but then again you arent breaking any land speed records by pushing it into the 7500rpm range... vs 7000rpm.

You're also a lot more likely to break something.

The Yetti

Ready to race!
I managed 146 on the speedo which I'm assuming i was just going a hair over 140.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
It's frustrating that the analog ..digital and GPS has all different times . Stage 1 last year I was over 140 mph. .recorded on digital speedo and GPS... This year my car stayed at 135 mph on digital speedo racing a stage 2 2015 jetta 1.8T. I know now I was going faster .

Just got home now and did another run . Digital said about 137mph . But GPS recorded 142 mph .I didn't dare look at the analog . I expected more of APR stage 2 especially since I got stage 1 and 2 intake ..upgraded coils and spark.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's frustrating that the analog ..digital and GPS has all different times . Stage 1 last year I was over 140 mph. .recorded on digital speedo and GPS... This year my car stayed at 135 mph on digital speedo racing a stage 2 2015 jetta 1.8T. I know now I was going faster .

Just got home now and did another run . Digital said about 137mph . But GPS recorded 142 mph .I didn't dare look at the analog . I expected more of APR stage 2 especially since I got stage 1 and 2 intake ..upgraded coils and spark.

Power doesnt = higher top speed.

jkdiver

I took mine to 120 the other night, I could have maybe hit 125 but the acceleration was very slow by 120 and my curiosity was giving in to caution by then. I'm stock with a Neuspeed p-flow intake.