GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered exactly the same unit from the same seller and it worked perfectly with greenhornet’s linked firmware package.

Worth noting however that the unit I received reports as hardware version 541 (not 534 as shown in the link). I understand this to be correct, as it is the variant with 1Gb RAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh okay interesting... my hardware is 534 and i also used greenhornet's linked firmware package. Have i been mugged off then and been given a 500MB RAM unit?

praxidike

So anyone notice that the radio re-pairs bluetooth everytime you connect to AA and pretty much everytime you turn the car on?

I've tried pairing both from the radio and from the phone and behavior is the same.

This is with 5314 C180 BT

andrewspearns

So anyone notice that the radio re-pairs bluetooth everytime you connect to AA and pretty much everytime you turn the car on?

I've tried pairing both from the radio and from the phone and behavior is the same.

This is with 5314 C180 BT

I had this problem with my Pixel 2 XL, but it stopped happening when I let it connect to Bluetooth first, then plugged in the USB cord. If I plugged USB in first before the Bluetooth connection, same issue as you.

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this problem with my Pixel 2 XL, but it stopped happening when I let it connect to Bluetooth first, then plugged in the USB cord. If I plugged USB in first before the Bluetooth connection, same issue as you.

I do this as well, if I just plug it in before turning on the ignition or waiting for it to connect via Bluetooth it will disconnect my S3 watch, I see this is a common problem with AA though.

Always best to wait until its connected via Bluetooth and then plug it in to usb and unplug before you turn the car off.

Never had an issue if I follow this rule of thumb.

zsm722

Ready to race!
Hi everyone. Sorry to those that have PM'd but got no reply - I've been mega busy the last few days. Okay so firmware...

This firmware will upgrade 187B units with Carplay to Android Auto (replacing Baidu Carlife). This has only been tested on units with the hardware version 534 so if you choose to try this update on any other HW versions then you do so at your own risk. That being said, i can't see why this wouldn't work on any of the 187B models. As always, do this update with the ignition on and be sure to let the update process complete without interruption. If you are asked for a code on restart just use 0000.

Just whack this firmware on a USB stick as is - don't extract the .tar file.

Enjoy.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a7...02d62c376416a9ec3ea829a920171215172558/a49c23

Okay, So I can confirm that the firmware posted above works perfectly and adds Android Auto on the RCD330 plus (No Name Version)

The whole process takes about 2-3 mins.

Instructions to install this are

1. Download and put on to a USB stick

2. Plug into the head unit, turn on and hold the setup button for 5 secs

3. Select software update and pick the file on the USB

4. Wait. Mine hung for about a min at 5% then on 40% for about 15-30secs.

5. Head unit will reboot. Done

For anyone that has issues, try another USB stick.

Also make sure you have the no name version not the Desay version. I don't believe there is any update for the Desay versions (maybe in the future).

My hardware version was 534

and software version was 5314

There are 4 languages included. For me english is enough.

To the poster above. Greek is not included on this firmware version.

This update worked for me as well! I have the same unit described by Simba92.

It looks like the wetransfer link is dead now, but I have uploaded it myself, hopefully it stays up. Follow the instructions above.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zrc3d18yc8mrw3d/std_plus_pss-6.5inch_1014_5314_VW_PQ_GP1.tar

praxidike

I should point out, I stupidly reloaded 5314 from my headunit when I had 5515 and C210. I had the echo issue which was super annoying, i figured downgrading would fix it and it actually did fix the echo issue.

However the BT bug of connecting and disconnecting was still an issue with C210.

iceorbital1

random question. i have a 187b desay model w/ SW 0317. Speed dependent volume control doesn't seem to be working. Tried all settings from 0 to 5, but i don't think the unit's volume changes at all with car speed. am i alone on this? Not a biggie, i thought i'd ask.

Ramses82

this is because the bluetooth software is not fit the unit , the software is not the C210 brand
Hi Freegolf, you mean my firmware is not for the 210? Does anyone have the right firmware for my unit? :(

I should point out, I stupidly reloaded 5314 from my headunit when I had 5515 and C210. I had the echo issue which was super annoying, i figured downgrading would fix it and it actually did fix the echo issue.

However the BT bug of connecting and disconnecting was still an issue with C210.
I have the same problem and same C210 bluetooth module. Which firmware did you install that solved it? I could give it a try...
Did Android Auto work well after the update? If the only problem is re-connecting the phone every time I can live with that, but the echo is a no-go

Ramses82

I'm running this firmware and i have no fader issues, it runs fine. You have the same unit as me so the firmware should work. If you (or anyone else) gets a 'variant conflict' error message when updating let me know as i can fix that.
Hi greenhornet, as you can probably see from my previous posts, I have a terrible echo on my unit:
187B
Hardware 534
Software 5515
Bluetooth C210
Apple Carplay 210.81
Android Auto 1.3.0

Someone suggested it could be a conflict on the firmware, which I believe too as the audio is good, it just feeds back the speakers to the microphone all the time.

Would your firmware work with my unit, despite the bluetooth module being C210 instead of C180?
Are you aware of the echo issue and a firmware for the unit?

Cheers
Alex

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Not convinced it's different Bluetooth hardware, probably just the software stack for Bluetooth. Sure someone else can chip in on that.

1616sixx

The Desay ones actually have a different firmware and dont have the Siri bug. They even have a low battery notification if you turn your car off and leave stuff running awhile.

The only problem I found with the Desay was the balance was fixed to the forward. Can you double check the balance screen on your unit?

Just checked mine and the balance was set to the centre of the car so no, not fixed forward :)

greenhornet

Hi greenhornet, as you can probably see from my previous posts, I have a terrible echo on my unit:
187B
Hardware 534
Software 5515
Bluetooth C210
Apple Carplay 210.81
Android Auto 1.3.0

Someone suggested it could be a conflict on the firmware, which I believe too as the audio is good, it just feeds back the speakers to the microphone all the time.

Would your firmware work with my unit, despite the bluetooth module being C210 instead of C180?
Are you aware of the echo issue and a firmware for the unit?

Cheers
Alex

Hi Alex,

I'm not familiar with software version 5515 so I'm not clued up on the issues with it. If you'd like to try the 5314 software then let me know - i'm still using it daily with no bugs.

Bluetooth C210 will likely be a software update, not hardware. Therefore I see no prob with your unit using the 5314 firmware.

Does anyone know what additional features C210 brings?

freegolf

Hi Alex,

I'm not familiar with software version 5515 so I'm not clued up on the issues with it. If you'd like to try the 5314 software then let me know - i'm still using it daily with no bugs.

Bluetooth C210 will likely be a software update, not hardware. Therefore I see no prob with your unit using the 5314 firmware.

Does anyone know what additional features C210 brings?

softbarnd is updating C210
bluetooth c210 you can control music and siri different level volum

c210 have 4 different way volume..
*music volume
*phone volume
*maps volume
*siri volume

c180 bluetoth only you can control siri and music volume same way if siri higt volume then music higt to.. But c210 you can adjuste siri higt volume music low volume, from aliexpress one seller said

praxidike

I have the same problem and same C210 bluetooth module. Which firmware did you install that solved it? I could give it a try...
Did Android Auto work well after the update? If the only problem is re-connecting the phone every time I can live with that, but the echo is a no-go

Ever since I downgraded back to C180 5314 the echo stopped. The issues with connecting the Bluetooth is the same in C180 vs C210. I was curious if the 187E or 187C radio fixes that particular issue.