GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Any performance difference if I were to gap it to 0.028?

IIRC you want the largest gap you can have that doesn't misfire. .028 should be fine though. I think the BKR7EIX come gaped already at .028

****Correction im almost certain the BKR7EIX come 0.032 gaped from factory not .028

Last edited:

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Where is our crackle tune!!!!! John??? Mk7s can't get all the cool stuff!

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Anyone find uni stage 2 TCU tune is a bit too aggressive in city driving ? Low speed it acts up a bit, and rolling a stop or corner and braking before hand it takes a second or two when you let off the brake and go to the gas to actually engage, if you get on it too early it engages hard. Or if you're slowing down and get back on the gas, it takes a second or three slowly raises the rpm then engages ... Is it just me ?

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
So I got an official response from unitronic about the pop and crackle tune. I asked if we will get it and they said:

"Probably not as this is not a factory feature that can be enabled within the ECU on the MK6 GTI."

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John do y'all have a plug that you prefer? I'm Uni Stage 2 across the board, full exhaust. Thanks!

BKR7EIX is sufficient.

Any performance difference if I were to gap it to 0.028?

You shouldn't be re-gapping Iridium plugs.. and BKR7EIX's come gapped to 0.028" last time I installed a set.

Where is our crackle tune!!!!! John??? Mk7s can't get all the cool stuff!

So I got an official response from unitronic about the pop and crackle tune. I asked if we will get it and they said:

"Probably not as this is not a factory feature that can be enabled within the ECU on the MK6 GTI."

Innnnnnnnnnnn for it! I'd pay $$$ for this with k04!

It's more complicated on the MK6 GTI ECU, but it's possible. I don't foresee it coming in the near future, though, unfortunately.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Hey John, when I'm in D, off the gas, vehicle is slowing down with engine braking, if I get back on the gas the revs raise up say from 1300-1800 and then engages the gear, is this normal ? It's been bugging the crap out of me because when im rolling an intersection to left or right I have to slow down and wait for an opening, when I get back on the gas it takes a second to do that process and then I get going. There a fix for this ?

Uni stage 2 ECU and TCU.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Hey John, when I'm in D, off the gas, vehicle is slowing down with engine braking, if I get back on the gas the revs raise up say from 1300-1800 and then engages the gear, is this normal ? It's been bugging the crap out of me because when im rolling an intersection to left or right I have to slow down and wait for an opening, when I get back on the gas it takes a second to do that process and then I get going. There a fix for this ?

Uni stage 2 ECU and TCU.

I would need to know more about the scenario in order to best answer your question. If you're confusing the dual clutch gearbox by changing its expected driver behavior, it could result in a delay/hesitation. Feel free to shoot me an email with your full name, VIN, and more details and we can discuss.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
I would need to know more about the scenario in order to best answer your question. If you're confusing the dual clutch gearbox by changing its expected driver behavior, it could result in a delay/hesitation. Feel free to shoot me an email with your full name, VIN, and more details and we can discuss.

I'll shoot you an email right now.