GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
BoomBoy
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
How long do OEM tires last on average?

Mine are Pirelli Pzero Nero all season. There seem to be plenty of life in them. The mileage is 35,000. How long should I expect out of them?
BoomBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
Depends on driving style mostly. I think you can get 50k out of them... while some barely crack 20
Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
GTi-GUY86
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 12 Charger R/T w/STP
Could last anywhere from 40-60K (I'm guessing). Depends on how you drive mostly. I have 20K on mine and I'm already down to 5/32's left on the tread. Yeah I'm a spirited driver and drive long distances when I do drive. My suggestion would be to get a second set of rims/tires for a summer/winter set up as I did. This could help with the tire life.
20% tint|Bixenon Retrofit|2.5K HID Fogs|White LED Interior|1200W Amp/Subs|Forge BOV|Hatch Pop|Resonator/Muffler Delete|Blackout Tails|Custom Engine/Battery Cover|Homelink Retrofit|Euro Switch|Debadged front/rear|Stage 1 Intake|FK Streetlines (Not Installed)|Bremmer BR05 w/Nankang NS-II|APR Stage 1 V1.2
GTi-GUY86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
vilesyntax
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 2DR CW GTI
I got the Dunlop A/S and they're looking pretty worn at about 15k :|

New wheels w/ new rubber coming in the next few weeks..
Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
jbcritch
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG MK6 GTI
Tire Rack says 45,000 life expectancy from the P Zero Neros.

MY MOD THREAD: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12631
jbcritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
DarienMidnight
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 vw gti 4dr autobahn
Would you guys rather stick with the pirelli p zero neros or go with michelin pilot super sports ?

APR stage 2 / r8 coils / APR stage 1&2 intake / AWE CBE/ APR catted DP so basically i have and APE TBE ( FMOIG: YoungRios_ )
DarienMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 PM   #7
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
PSS for sure. I'm on my 2nd set and when it comes time I'll probably buy a third set. I still have the pzero neros on my stock wheels and last month put them on the car for a week. The traction on the pss is a lot better. I felt like the pzero neros were bouncy, they have a softer sidewall so I felt like I was bouncing around a lot. At the same time there's something about the pzeros that make them feel rougher. I get to about 25 mph or lower and something about the tire just feels really off, like I've got bricks in my tires. They also make a lot more noise. The pss are quieter, smoother, and have better traction.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote