GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 01-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #29
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Stories of VW Dealers

Seriously... fuck the stealerships! If some of you have a decent one by you, I am thrilled for you, but I have never been anything but fucked.
I pretty much donít trust anyone to do anything anymore though. Nobody cares. I donít get it. I wish that I could just learn to do absolutely everything that I need done in life myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:02 AM   #30
Wascally Wabbit
Ready to race!

Drives: Rabbit Diesel/TDI/2.5L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post

Seriously... fuck the stealerships! If some of you have a decent one by you, I am thrilled for you, but I have never been anything but fucked.
I pretty much donít trust anyone to do anything anymore though. Nobody cares. I donít get it. I wish that I could just learn to do absolutely everything that I need done in life myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least you're not bitter.

I have had mixed results with dealers. VW in Anchorage, AK was terrible. Took my car in because I smacked a curb in the snow.. Took 6 weeks and almost 5K to fix. The SA went on vacation for 2 weeks and my car sat untouched while he was gone. Later the same dealer did an oil change and my turbo blew on the way home. Took it to a local shop and they said likely the dealer put in the wrong weight oil and on an already worn shaft that was the death blow. The problem in Alaska is outside the dealer there are very few import shops and at the good ones (there are 2) there is a long wait to get your car in the shop.
In California I haven't had any issues other than price but I just get fluids done there as it is usually the same price there as anywhere for oil changes and what not. Out of curiousity I asked my local dealer what it would cost to do plugs at 60k and they quoted me $425. I had a good laugh at that and asked for an oil change and they said I needed a 60K. I told them to change the oil and brake fluid as that was the only thing that wasn't "inspect". That's were they get you is on service. I'm generally not going to waste my time doing fluid changes when I'm only going to save 40 bucks or so but everything else I try and do myself. So far thanks to the forums I haven't found anything I couldn't do myself.
VAG-COM has saved me a ton of cash. The only reason I even do fluids at the dealership is there is one right by my house and they have a really nice lounge and a really good looking receptionist.
Wascally Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:06 AM   #31
Coogie
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI Autobahn - DSG - CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
At least you're not bitter.

I have had mixed results with dealers. VW in Anchorage, AK was terrible. Took my car in because I smacked a curb in the snow.. Took 6 weeks and almost 5K to fix. The SA went on vacation for 2 weeks and my car sat untouched while he was gone. Later the same dealer did an oil change and my turbo blew on the way home. Took it to a local shop and they said likely the dealer put in the wrong weight oil and on an already worn shaft that was the death blow. The problem in Alaska is outside the dealer there are very few import shops and at the good ones (there are 2) there is a long wait to get your car in the shop.

In California I haven't had any issues other than price but I just get fluids done there as it is usually the same price there as anywhere for oil changes and what not. Out of curiousity I asked my local dealer what it would cost to do plugs at 60k and they quoted me $425. I had a good laugh at that and asked for an oil change and they said I needed a 60K. I told them to change the oil and brake fluid as that was the only thing that wasn't "inspect". That's were they get you is on service. I'm generally not going to waste my time doing fluid changes when I'm only going to save 40 bucks or so but everything else I try and do myself. So far thanks to the forums I haven't found anything I couldn't do myself.

VAG-COM has saved me a ton of cash. The only reason I even do fluids at the dealership is there is one right by my house and they have a really nice lounge and a really good looking receptionist.

That good looking receptionist never hurts
Coogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:21 AM   #32
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
The only reason I even do fluids at the dealership is there is one right by my house and they have a really nice lounge and a really good looking receptionist.

So like you gonna talk to her or whats up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #33
KDOG
Autocross Champion

Drives: CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
So like you gonna talk to her or whats up?
Samme i just go in to give the creepy stare from the couch as she works/walks by/and hands the keys... Ya know.. The typical deep uncomfortable stare..

Haha just could picture it too well, couldn't resist
KDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:29 AM   #34
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
Mine missed some overstretched bolts in the sub frame causing a clunking sound; I also had a bad ground under the hood causing weird dashboard light errors that they couldn't figure out but a friend of mine told me what to check; My radio acted up on multiple occasions and they said "this is normal" even when I brought it to them acting up taking nearly a minute to go between screens.

The kicker was when I received a quote for my 40,000 mile service and there was an hour labor charge on there to change my spark plugs. I explained that the spark plugs have less than 14,000 miles on them.. Then I told them that I changed coil packs AND plugs in less than 30 minutes, so I'll get the DSG fluid changed by an indy shop that specializes in Audi/Porsche/VW instead while doing the rest of the items myself. I also told them that they work too slow if it takes an hour to change spark plugs.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #35
Coogie
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI Autobahn - DSG - CSG
Itís funny that my dealer calls to see if Iím satisfied with my trip. I havenít had the courage to tell them how I really feel...
Coogie is offline   Reply With Quote