GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #15
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Crappy customer service, they don't care about keeping the customer happy. That's my experience at least.
Fitment too LOL.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #16
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Fitment too LOL.
That's still an issue? I know it was years ago. Damn lol
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #17
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
That's still an issue? I know it was years ago. Damn lol

All of their parts are hit or miss. Lol. I'll never be buying that crappy fitment CTS rolls out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #18
Bheit
Ready to race!

Drives: 12 GTI Autobahn
I didn't deal with them direct or install the parts that were purchased so I cant really comment on either of the complaints. Hopefully I wont have any issues in the long run with their parts, or if I do hopefully the shop I had work on everything will make sure it is taken care of.
Bheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #19
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheit View Post
I didn't deal with them direct or install the parts that were purchased so I cant really comment on either of the complaints. Hopefully I wont have any issues in the long run with their parts, or if I do hopefully the shop I had work on everything will make sure it is taken care of.
Yup, the shop I bought my intake from treated me better than CTS. After spending over $1k on different parts with cts they wouldn't replace an air filter that was starting to deteriorate, there was literally holes in the air filter and it was falling apart. I was 1 month out of warranty, so they didn't have to do anything, but you would think they would want to replace my clearly defective part. They don't use the same filters anymore.

I called my mechanic only to find out what size filter I needed and he bought me a $35 k&n air filter and gave it to me free. I didn't even have to ask. When I told him about what CTS said he was just like, yup that sounds right.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:13 PM   #20
Bheit
Ready to race!

Drives: 12 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Yup, the shop I bought my intake from treated me better than CTS. After spending over $1k on different parts with cts they wouldn't replace an air filter that was starting to deteriorate, there was literally holes in the air filter and it was falling apart. I was 1 month out of warranty, so they didn't have to do anything, but you would think they would want to replace my clearly defective part. They don't use the same filters anymore.

I called my mechanic only to find out what size filter I needed and he bought me a $35 k&n air filter and gave it to me free. I didn't even have to ask. When I told him about what CTS said he was just like, yup that sounds right.
I took mine in for a water pump and it snowballed into a set of pistons, KO4 kit , catback, catchcan, DSG tune, KO4 tune, R8 coils and a few other things. Ive had the damn car 6 months I hope that if I have any issues my shop will help with everything. I feel like they are pretty stand up and have a great reputation locally, so im hopeful they will if something ever comes up.
Bheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #21
MKVInnie
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI 6spd
What software do you run with the IE kit if you get it? It says its hardware only on their site. Paddy did a remote custom tune with IE didn't he?
MKVInnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #22
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
I believe they have software for their kit. You can get a dyno tune, or a Cobb E-tune as other options I guess
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #23
GroceryGTIer
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheit View Post
I recently had a CTS K04 kit put on and love it. I have put a few thousand miles and no issues so far. I have a local shop that did the work and they are a CTS dealer and stand by the product. What are the reasons everyone hates CTS?
I've had very mixed results with them, not all good, but other times really awesome when I needed it. It's in general a very difficult thing to tell how the next (if there is one) experience will be.
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #24
GroceryGTIer
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
I believe they have software for their kit. You can get a dyno tune, or a Cobb E-tune as other options I guess
If it's a k04, you can get any tune
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #25
zef
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKVInnie View Post
What software do you run with the IE kit if you get it? It says its hardware only on their site. Paddy did a remote custom tune with IE didn't he?
Yes you can contact IE and they offer a remote tuner. They sell stage 1/2 on their website but if you contact them they can offer you a KO4 tune as well. It's the same process as Cobb and other remote tuning companies.
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #26
markus037
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
reason i asked is because you dont need to run a DV location kit and install all those extra hoses. seems like its a much less problematic setup.
markus037 is offline   Reply With Quote