GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone ever use the IE k04 kit?

Bheit

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't deal with them direct or install the parts that were purchased so I cant really comment on either of the complaints. Hopefully I wont have any issues in the long run with their parts, or if I do hopefully the shop I had work on everything will make sure it is taken care of.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I didn't deal with them direct or install the parts that were purchased so I cant really comment on either of the complaints. Hopefully I wont have any issues in the long run with their parts, or if I do hopefully the shop I had work on everything will make sure it is taken care of.

Yup, the shop I bought my intake from treated me better than CTS. After spending over $1k on different parts with cts they wouldn't replace an air filter that was starting to deteriorate, there was literally holes in the air filter and it was falling apart. I was 1 month out of warranty, so they didn't have to do anything, but you would think they would want to replace my clearly defective part. They don't use the same filters anymore.

I called my mechanic only to find out what size filter I needed and he bought me a $35 k&n air filter and gave it to me free. I didn't even have to ask. When I told him about what CTS said he was just like, yup that sounds right.

Bheit

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup, the shop I bought my intake from treated me better than CTS. After spending over $1k on different parts with cts they wouldn't replace an air filter that was starting to deteriorate, there was literally holes in the air filter and it was falling apart. I was 1 month out of warranty, so they didn't have to do anything, but you would think they would want to replace my clearly defective part. They don't use the same filters anymore.

I called my mechanic only to find out what size filter I needed and he bought me a $35 k&n air filter and gave it to me free. I didn't even have to ask. When I told him about what CTS said he was just like, yup that sounds right.

I took mine in for a water pump and it snowballed into a set of pistons, KO4 kit , catback, catchcan, DSG tune, KO4 tune, R8 coils and a few other things. Ive had the damn car 6 months :lol: I hope that if I have any issues my shop will help with everything. I feel like they are pretty stand up and have a great reputation locally, so im hopeful they will if something ever comes up.

MKVInnie

Passed Driver's Ed
What software do you run with the IE kit if you get it? It says its hardware only on their site. Paddy did a remote custom tune with IE didn't he?

CHerna

Ready to race!
I believe they have software for their kit. You can get a dyno tune, or a Cobb E-tune as other options I guess

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I recently had a CTS K04 kit put on and love it. I have put a few thousand miles and no issues so far. I have a local shop that did the work and they are a CTS dealer and stand by the product. What are the reasons everyone hates CTS?

I've had very mixed results with them, not all good, but other times really awesome when I needed it. It's in general a very difficult thing to tell how the next (if there is one) experience will be.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
What software do you run with the IE kit if you get it? It says its hardware only on their site. Paddy did a remote custom tune with IE didn't he?

Yes you can contact IE and they offer a remote tuner. They sell stage 1/2 on their website but if you contact them they can offer you a KO4 tune as well. It's the same process as Cobb and other remote tuning companies.

markus037

Ready to race!
reason i asked is because you dont need to run a DV location kit and install all those extra hoses. seems like its a much less problematic setup.