GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Typically lift in the front and rear lifts. For example, jack driver front, stand driver rear.
Jack passenger front, stand passenger rear

Ahhhhhh... makes sense. I guess I'm not used to having a car with short enough ride height and suspension travel to where that's possible!

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Bummer on emissions. One thing to consider if I change states haha jk. I’d invest in a catback unless you have one already. Avoid CTS products. Hit or miss fitment, mostly miss though lol. I’d suggest trying to get your tune reflashed. Are you on the updated tune? 2.1 or 2 or 3? Can’t remember what revision they are on now. Only CEL I’ve had lately is my gas cap. Fine some days and others not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I already have an AWE catback which I will risk cutting the resonator off of it for a more beefier sound . I'm not quite sure about the stage 2 version I'm in . It frustrates me . The only way they get into detail is if I ask specifically about a certain thing . The way I constantly get the CEL I'm even hoping I'm in stage 2 file not stock or 91 file!.

I've never had a CEL before I turned stage 2. The CEL they said comes from maybe needing a new o2 sensor ? Why the hell do I need a new one all of a sudden after I get stage 2? Code name P0036. I even have a Spacer to prevent the CEL but it's still here smh.

I want a vagcom or something but don't want to spend that much right now . Do u have a obd2 that's reputable? Where did u get it ?

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
I might’ve already asked this but I was thinking of buying a exhaust but it’s off a cbfa gti will it fit on my ccta gti?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah I already have an AWE catback which I will risk cutting the resonator off of it for a more beefier sound . I'm not quite sure about the stage 2 version I'm in . It frustrates me . The only way they get into detail is if I ask specifically about a certain thing . The way I constantly get the CEL I'm even hoping I'm in stage 2 file not stock or 91 file!.

I've never had a CEL before I turned stage 2. The CEL they said comes from maybe needing a new o2 sensor ? Why the hell do I need a new one all of a sudden after I get stage 2? Code name P0036. I even have a Spacer to prevent the CEL but it's still here smh.

I want a vagcom or something but don't want to spend that much right now . Do u have a obd2 that's reputable? Where did u get it ?

AWE is dope. Almost bought one instead of Borla. I have the APR obd2, it’s $200 but is been fantastic and never been a problem for me! I can clear fault codes and track all sorts of things. Bought it right from my APR dealer. Your exhaust will sound legit with a catless downpipe. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Anyone know what this means. Came on the other day. I cleared it, drove a bit and passed emissions. Came back on today. I havnt noticed any difference in drivability.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Which tools do I need for a DP install?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
10mm? cant be done - no one has one of those.
my buddy called up stranded on his bike and said he needed some alan keys and socket/wrench to try some fixes...

Guess which socket he needed?

Guess who went and bought a new socket?
Guess who still doesnt have a 10mm?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
10mm? cant be done - no one has one of those.

Wut? :confused:

10mm socket if you want to unhook the battery and remove the battery tray (for easier access to the top nuts on the downpipe)
And also if you want to remove the under tray to get to the O2 sensor harness/clip

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Wut? :confused:

10mm socket if you want to unhook the battery and remove the battery tray (for easier access to the top nuts on the downpipe)
And also if you want to remove the under tray to get to the O2 sensor harness/clip

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So, a while back I bought a map upgrade CD, not OEM, and I forget how I'm supposed to use it to upgrade. Total brain fart moment here. Do I have to prompt the system to accept this dvd disc with the files? I just put it in there and now the screen has a persistent "please wait!" prompt on screen with no progress bar. I know the process will take a while but something seems off...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So, a while back I bought a map upgrade CD, not OEM, and I forget how I'm supposed to use it to upgrade. Total brain fart moment here. Do I have to prompt the system to accept this dvd disc with the files? I just put it in there and now the screen has a persistent "please wait!" prompt on screen with no progress bar. I know the process will take a while but something seems off...

Fixed it. Reached out to thw guy I bought from and he told me how to do it.