GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Flash without connection? Not sure I follow. And by battery, do you mean car battery or AP battery?
Battery trickle charger connected to the car battery.

Car Battery. The AP gets power from the car through the OBD2 port.
this.

Just for info, flashed fourth revision of Stratified map for K04 this morning. Takes less than a minute.
hmm i switched between the crackles and non crackles tune and i think it took a couple minutes... it was quicker than the initial flash but it isnt really an on the fly quick imo.

EuroHB

Ready to race!
Guys running the stratified tune, what spark plugs are you running & do you recommend dsg tune as well?

@stratified no available update on dsg tune?

CHerna

Ready to race!
We typically run NGK BKR7EIX, and R8 coil-packs.

I think there are a few people running without a TCU tune, but it would be wise to do get one. Pick your poison.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Guys running the stratified tune, what spark plugs are you running & do you recommend dsg tune as well?

@stratified no available update on dsg tune?
Cobb doesnt offer a DSG tune yet so there for Stratified cant offer one either.

I think there are a few people running without a TCU tune, but it would be wise to do get one. Pick your poison.
I use those plugs and coils. i am also no TCU tune. my DSG runs fine.

EuroHB

Ready to race!

Stratified recommended I run the NGK BKR8EIX, what do you guys think?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Stratified recommended I run the NGK BKR8EIX, what do you guys think?
are you k04 or a different turbo than stock? and if your tuner recommended something i would try it out...

10_white_gti

How does everyone like their strat stage 2 vs the OTS stage 2. I’m on the fence about k04 or just get a strat protune. I love the k03 low end kick and quick spool when cruising at low rpm. I’m not really one to crank through the gears to redline. But I just got my intercooler and pipes in the mail today so this weekend Its going on. Then thinking about just getting a strat tune. Right my my boost gauge is only reading 15psi at sea level ���� but I’d like to push the ko3 more with the intercooler up grade now. As much as I’d love to jump on stratified CTS ko4 deal but I believe it ends tomorrow and it’s just now enough to time for me to think about it.

ksandman

Ready to race!
How does everyone like their strat stage 2 vs the OTS stage 2. I’m on the fence about k04 or just get a strat protune. I love the k03 low end kick and quick spool when cruising at low rpm. I’m not really one to crank through the gears to redline. But I just got my intercooler and pipes in the mail today so this weekend Its going on. Then thinking about just getting a strat tune. Right my my boost gauge is only reading 15psi at sea level but I’d like to push the ko3 more with the intercooler up grade now. As much as I’d love to jump on stratified CTS ko4 deal but I believe it ends tomorrow and it’s just now enough to time for me to think about it.

Night and day difference between Cobb ots and their flash tune. A custom tune will only yield more performance. A k04 should act similar to a k03, just with more power all around and more top end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
NGK lists these two spark plugs for our cars:

BKR7EIX - Iridium - 0.031" Gap
PFR7S8EG - Platinum - 0.031" Gap

Both of these are a heat range 7. No real explanation as to choose one over the other on their website. They do however have on suggestion, "A good rule of thumb: use one heat range colder for every 75–100hp added."

Wouldn't that mean if you are stage 2 to BT use a heat range colder which is lower? Or is colder in the spark plug world a higher heat range number?

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered my Stratified tune this week! I'm coming from APR Stage 1 v2.4 and it was utter garbage. It was fast, but had SO many drivability issues.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Ordered my Stratified tune this week! I'm coming from APR Stage 1 v2.4 and it was utter garbage. It was fast, but had SO many drivability issues.

Congrats! You won't regret it. & we're not fresh to that here. You're one of many who made the switch for the same reason!