GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

The Grand Tour is terrible imo

And wow Mclaren Headquarters is crazy nice.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
"no replacement for air tools" guys

Maybe but I certainly don't know of any. Every tech I know *loves* the electric shit - lighter, smaller, and you're not dragging a hose behind you.

I bet most of the "no replacement for air" guys are actually guys that just don't want to spend the money to replace all their air tools.

Quick question cause newer to impacts, do you guys hand spin your lugs in first before hitting them with impact or just use impact to thread them in?

Not even sure if I should justify that question with a response......

Always, ALWAYS, start by hand.

OMNI you get a woodmans coupon today? ($10 off)?

Don't generally shop there so... no, don't think so.

I would rather go with an office that puts you in the middle of job sites. Elk Grove is close to 90, 294 and 53/290. So you can go in any direction.

This.

Plus I have to imagine EGV has lower taxes than anything in Lake County.

So in my quest on keeping an eye out for a clean 4Runner in Manual, I decided to look on ebay. This one popped up, but I can't tell much on the underside. Does it look like they are intentionally not taking pictures of the underside? I emailed the seller and got the typical response "it's in appropriate shape for years and miles, no additional pictures avail"

Axle looks rusty, but I have seen some where the axle are rust but frame in good shape.

https://vmp.ebay.com/ebay/viewAllPhotos.aspx?smid=10049493

Intentional? No, I don't think so. I think he took a lot of pics as it is.

If anything I'd just wager a guess he's not a 4R "expert" and as such doesn't know what the "common" areas are that rust - and thus doesn't know what specific underside pics to take. This is probably just some random SUV to him that he's trying to sell.

I do like that it's got a man pedal. Would make it a bit more entertaining to drive. Tho if that's got the same V6 that was in my buddy's old Tacoma (~2003-ish?) then good Lord talk about gutless...

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
This.

Plus I have to imagine EGV has lower taxes than anything in Lake County.

Intentional? No, I don't think so. I think he took a lot of pics as it is.

If anything I'd just wager a guess he's not a 4R "expert" and as such doesn't know what the "common" areas are that rust - and thus doesn't know what specific underside pics to take. This is probably just some random SUV to him that he's trying to sell.

I do like that it's got a man pedal. Would make it a bit more entertaining to drive. Tho if that's got the same V6 that was in my buddy's old Tacoma (~2003-ish?) then good Lord talk about gutless...

Business property taxes are cheaper in Lake than Cook. The reverse is true for homes.

And it's the same engine. 3.4, but will last over 500K before needing any real work. They make (made) a factory supercharger that woke it up a little. They can still be had for around $3000 which boosts whp up to 225-240hp from 140 factory. That's a nice gain and should make the truck perform nicely due to it's smaller size.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Its gone from sunny and cold, to windy and cold, to snowing, to blizzard, to sunny, and back to blizzard... Damn Illinois.... You crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.