GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Tuning, Can you make your own tunes?

JonVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys
I recently got a Cobb accessport and I'm running Cobb's stage 2 and I was wondering is there any way I can write my own tuning files and or modify cobb's tuning file to my liking? I really would love to make my own file and fix some slight knock retard along with making a few files with different variations of boost. On Cobb's site there seems to be an access tuner program to do as such for every make except for Volkswagen. Can I use another program or can I do anything to make my own tune file without going to a tuner?
Thanks in advance!

Laimface

Ready to race!
Hey guys
I recently got a Cobb accessport and I'm running Cobb's stage 2 and I was wondering is there any way I can write my own tuning files and or modify cobb's tuning file to my liking? I really would love to make my own file and fix some slight knock retard along with making a few files with different variations of boost. On Cobb's site there seems to be an access tuner program to do as such for every make except for Volkswagen. Can I use another program or can I do anything to make my own tune file without going to a tuner?
Thanks in advance!

You probably have to drop $$$ on a software license because you're circumnavigating their protuner sell.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
they do not currently offer that. The only way to get custom tunning is through a protuner.

Other cobb applications do have the ability for the user to map but it is not offered on the VW platform and there is no indication from them that they will offer it.

JonVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn tough break I should've done my research first, the real reason I got the accessport instead of going APR was so that I could do my own thing and modify what I wanted... guess that's not the case. nonetheless, thanks for your help guys!

Laimface

Ready to race!
Damn tough break I should've done my research first, the real reason I got the accessport instead of going APR was so that I could do my own thing and modify what I wanted... guess that's not the case. nonetheless, thanks for your help guys!

Well you can still go to a protuner and tell them what you'd like specific to your mods etc?

JonVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Well you can still go to a protuner and tell them what you'd like specific to your mods etc?

Absolutely I just didn't want to have to pay for the dyno and their charges etc but it's probably what I'll have to end up doing

tofuD01

Ready to race!
They can't even offer up to date software for ROW cars... One guy in the Uk can't even install the AP to his car!

Waiting since black friday...to this day...

adema69

Ready to race!
Why dont you go get a protune? A actual tuner will know what hes doing instead of someone just adding random shit here and there......

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Check on the WRX forums. I know some of them use open source software to data log/modify tunes. I would start there if i were you.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Check on the WRX forums. I know some of them use open source software to data log/modify tunes. I would start there if i were you.
they use the "racetuner" or whatever its called which is offered directly from cobb. VW doesnt get that luxury for now.