GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Had my wheel bearings replaced and superpro ball joints installed by Jay and Carson last week or so. Fixed my riding noises and highway speed shakes!! So happy.

We revised the 'to do' suspension list together while I will release shortly.

Other than that, a few more fun updates approaching... stay tuned ;)

Curious to hear how the Superpro adjustable ball joints hold up and whether they hold their adjustment over time. I've been looking at a set to gain a little more static camber to go along with the Superpro ALK I have.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
We will see!

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Curious to hear how the Superpro adjustable ball joints hold up and whether they hold their adjustment over time. I've been looking at a set to gain a little more static camber to go along with the Superpro ALK I have.

I have the superpro ball joints... 15k miles later they're still spot on.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Good to know. It was hard to justify so much $ for technically a part that tends to get used up.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Started collecting some new detailing goodies

Cheapish power washer
A chemical guys blower/dryer. Excited to see how that performs for getting water out of crevices and if the below goes well, the paint.

C-quartz glass coating kit. Going to perform:
Very detailed undercarriage wash (got some salt brine remover and will spend some serious time scrubbing the undercarriage and wheel wells/suspension)
Polish and seal the tires
Strip current coatings off using isopropil alcohol, and some chemguys 'clean slate'
Fallout remover from sonax for built up tar and metal deposits
Full clay pad with chemguys clay lubricant
Perform a light polish (did a full polish last year) so just an finishing polish to hopefully remove the small amount of love marks inflicted over the last year from my very meticulous washing process, and further refine the finish
Re-alcohol wipe
Apply c-quartz glass coating, let sit for 48 hours

The goal is to have the benefits of a glass coating
* Enhanced gloss (doubt it, that's pretty much dependant on how much gloss coat you have and how refined the surface is)
* Smooth hyrophobic finish (this seems somewhat promising especially with smooth polished paint underneath)
* Easier cleaning, more resistant to love marks.

And some other good detailing goodies such as more brushes, new soaps, and such!

Excited for spring to start really rolling in! :)

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Oh also refined the 'to do' list for suspension:

034 strut mounts
VWR Struts
B6 Control arms with powerflex front bushings, swap powerflex ALK to these
NOTE: Will need all new subfram and motor mount/trans mount bolts

New dogbone mount, undecided between:
vf engineering
ecs
bsh
torque solutions

hatch brace from eurosport
new beefier oem front and rear endlinks

solid rear sway bar, undecided on brand, but probably 24mm

rear x brace, either unibrace or stern

With all the other projects going on, this will still be a slow collection. Car's riding pretty good right now so not really an emergency, and i'm not really planning to track the car, just like a sporty street ride and handling. But probably within the next two months or something. At this point, meth first to beat the upcoming heat!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Couple quick beauty shots before I sold these seats last week. Gonna miss them but not too much; they just weren't comfy for me. Too tight around my high hips on the side bolsters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
got some bulbs to help renovate the car some...

All DeAutoKey:
Xenon/halogen 'mix' running lights to get a nice white light vs the halogens I'm running
LED turn signals
LED sidemarkers
LED reverse lights (super effin bright)
LED License plate lights

riceburner

Autocross Champion
For sure! My only thing is i got the depo euro tails from ebay, and it appears only the passenger side light could be swapped? The drivers seems to be a permanent red 'fog light'. Not sure how to around this. any ideas?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Not the best picture but she was looking clean :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Damn Adam you don't stop lol. Loving what you're doing with this thing. Hope you have better luck than I did with deautokey. Had nothing but problems myself with all their bulbs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I appreciate you Jay!

Well unfortunately the halogen/xenon DRLs I got from them at best did not fit at all? Lol. So far all their other bulbs have held up for me. So hard to find good LEDs for any platform; at least this guy seems to stick behind his warranties.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Starting to think of yet another project.... lol

Never was truly a fan of the R20 headlights I have. Design is 'ok', but the led 'strip' is oldschool now, and being reps, the projectors are garbage. Also, one of the led strips has now stopped working, and either headlight is starting to fog up whenever it rains or gets washed.

Sooo there is not much info out there on retrofitting GTI headlights, especially ones that already have projectors, but I'm going to be giving it a shot soon..

Want to get:
Morimoto D1S 'Stage 2' retrofit kit, with 2.5" projectors.. Not sure if I would be able to swap in different shrouds or if i'll have to retain the ones I have. Not a huge deal either way.

Paint the chrome black, maybe add some red on top of the shrouds, or white, or incorporate a red 'gti' stripe somehow.

And lastly probably re-do the led bulb strip by dremeling the LED's out to have a nice empty strip and put in a solid LED strip in it's place. Will really update the look IMO.