GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Its like you were there with me at BWW...talking about bushings and dremels. crazy.

:wub: good to see you buddy :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Oh shit even busted out the OG key fob pic?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Get to find out whats causing the oil leak by the charge pipe. Looks like its coming off the rear section of the manifold. Also get to replace a transmission mount and fuel filter. Gonna be a fun and expensive weekend.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Finally Friday. What's everyone's weekend plans?

Track prep , Watch Australian Grand Prix, cook up good food...

you?

Get to find out whats causing the oil leak by the charge pipe. Looks like its coming off the rear section of the manifold. Also get to replace a transmission mount and fuel filter. Gonna be a fun and expensive weekend.

Fuel filter is easy, dont open your driver side door .

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Fuel filter is easy, dont open your driver side door .[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Like literally dont open the driver side door or is that a joke? lol

jay745

Finally Friday. What's everyone's weekend plans?
More bushing work on the rear end.

Have plenty of rags handy, maybe even tie one around your wrist. Nothing worse than gas running down your arm and into your armpit. Ask me how I know :mad0259:

jay745

Fuel filter is easy, dont open your driver side door

What do you mean? Like literally dont open the driver side door or is that a joke? lol

The drivers door being open is what engages the fuel pump and primes the system. If the system is primed and you disconnect the fuel line then gas sprays everywhere under pressure for a sec. You want to remove the fuel lines when the system is not primed.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Track prep , Watch Australian Grand Prix, cook up good food...

you?

Get to shop for the groomsmen stuff. She finally got her bridesmaids stuff all figured out. And I get to pick up my wheels and tires and maybe swap them. Local guy here does it for $60 to swap and balance the wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
anyone know how difficult it would be to replace the gasket/seal on that section of the motor? I will take a picture on my lunch break to show what I am talking about.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
The drivers door being open is what engages the fuel pump and primes the system. If the system is primed and you disconnect the fuel line then gas sprays everywhere under pressure for a sec. You want to remove the fuel lines when the system is not primed.

ohhh thats interesting. Didnt know that. Thats kinda cool. thanks for the tip

Jaber

Modero
SHTF at work, did some OT last Sunday. Hoping to just relax, as next week we close on our new house.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Which one? The fuel filter is in the rear of the car on the passenger side. Right by the rear jack point.

So in the back side of the motor by the charge pipe there is a lot of oil collecting on the clamp of the charge pipe. I also see it on the motor itself. I am thinking its the gasket/seal there but I dont know how difficult it would be to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.