GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
OK. So if I buy the one with Y510 and c210 with android auto, I should be good and don't need any other updates. The updates are basically for people who bought units with other firmware? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Rightnow you dont need update, for future : if we find 5406 or 5515 c210 firmware then ofcours we will update . 5406 best firmware but android auto not avalible.
Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bagtown99

Yes, it will disappear. The RCD330 has bluetooth built into it, and you will use this connection instead of the one you currently use. The bluetooth screen on the MFD will be rendered useless as well, though you won't need it.

The head unit has a microphone built into it, and it'll use that instead of the overhead mic.

The audio section will also lose functionality, though you can still control playback functions with the steering wheel controls. You can still make calls from the dashboard, but you'll solely use the touch screen. Someone can correct me on this, but I believe for 2012 and older you need a canbus adapter to retain steering wheel controls for the head unit.

To me, this head unit is one of those no-brainer upgrades, even with the strange bugs it sometimes has.
I received my RCD330G+ and installed it in my 2012 Golf Highline. All seems to work fine, except the microphone. It's as if the mic cannot hear me unless I yell directly into the head unit (which is impossible to do while driving of course!). Therefore I can't use Siri, and no one can hear me when making calls. (I can hear them just fine, they only hear loud static with my voice in the distant background.) It is the same issue whether I use bluetooth or CarPlay. I disconnected/reconnected the HU to ensure no loose wires, and I've even tried disconnecting the original bluetooth box under the passenger seat to avoid any possible interference. I then updated the software to 5314 today, but it has only marginally helped (maybe 5% better, which is still unusable). Ideas on how to address this mic issue before I resort to returning the HU? Thanks!

Device part number: 6RD035187B
Hardware: 541
Software: 5406 (now it's 5314)
Bluetooth: C210
Apple CarPlay: 210.81
(now have Android Auto: 1.3.0)

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
Bluetooth: C210

This is your problem, and I had the exact same issue. My unit shipped with SW 5515 and Bluetooth C210 and I had to downgrade the firmware. You'll have to find firmware 5314 with Bluetooth C180. That will fix your problems. You'll have fewer volume controls, but the microphone will actually function, so for me it was worth the trade off.

Edit: Check that RCD330 forum that's linked here all the time for a download link for the firmware.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
This is your problem, and I had the exact same issue. My unit shipped with SW 5515 and Bluetooth C210 and I had to downgrade the firmware. You'll have to find firmware 5314 with Bluetooth C180. That will fix your problems. You'll have fewer volume controls, but the microphone will actually function, so for me it was worth the trade off.

Edit: Check that RCD330 forum that's linked here all the time for a download link for the firmware.

i thought from the above posts that BT C210 is the desired upgrade from C180?

bagtown99

Major mic issues

i thought from the above posts that BT C210 is the desired upgrade from C180?
I'm uncertain that downgrading from C210 to C180 will fix the issue, since the mic has issues not only when attempting to use Bluetooth, but also when using CarPlay (e.g. Siri cannot hear anything I say, and the rainbow ribbon moves wildly on the screen while Siri is in "listening" mode, rather than being aligned with the sound of my voice). However if you say you had the exact same issue as mine @FndrStrat06, I suppose I will try to downgrade to C180 as it's the only option left...

Last edited:

bagtown99

I'm uncertain that downgrading from C210 to C180 will fix the issue, since the mic has issues not only when attempting to use Bluetooth, but also when using CarPlay (e.g. Siri cannot hear anything I say, and the rainbow ribbon moves wildly on the screen while Siri is in "listening" mode, rather than being aligned with the sound of my voice). However if you say you had the exact same issue as mine @FndrStrat06, I suppose I will try to downgrade to C180 as it's the only option left...

So I did a reset of the HU, which helped marginally. Siri can now hear me ok when the car is off, and so-so when idling. However the horrible static sound that callers hear is just as bad. I downloaded the C180 5314 version to try and downgrade my Bluetooth to C180, but I got an "Error Variant" on the screen. Any ideas?

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed

C210 is the more desirable version, but I'm uncertain that upgrading from C180 to C210, as has been mentioned the past few days, will fix the feedback problem.

Others have asked for confirmation of this as well, but aside from one other user confirming it, I see only indirect non-answers coming from the sellers who frequent this thread.

What I am certain of, is that downgrading to 5314/C180 100% fixed that god awful feedback problem for me. Not having the latest bluetooth version is fine with me, because I know for fact that the older version works perfectly.

Last edited:

bagtown99

C210 is the more desirable version, but I'm uncertain that upgrading from C180 to C210, as has been mentioned the past few days, will fix the feedback problem.

Others have asked for confirmation of this as well, but aside from one other user confirming it, I see only indirect non-answers coming from the sellers who frequent this thread.

What I am certain of, is that downgrading to 5314/C180 100% fixed that god awful feedback problem for me. Not having the latest bluetooth version is fine with me, because I know for fact that the older version works perfectly.

I was able to install the downgrade to 5314 C180 but this did absolutely nothing. My callers can still only hear static with my voice distant in the background. Siri's listening ribbon still wildly undulates while in listening mode, and she barely understands my commands. Note that I can hear my callers crystal clearly (and always have been able to). I honestly don't know what else to do other than return it. FYI the HU is manufactured by Bodenla.

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed
I was able to install the downgrade to 5314 C180 but this did absolutely nothing. My callers can still only hear static with my voice distant in the background. Siri's listening ribbon still wildly undulates while in listening mode, and she barely understands my commands. Note that I can hear my callers crystal clearly (and always have been able to). I honestly don't know what else to do other than return it. FYI the HU is manufactured by Bodenla.

Sounds like an issue with the microphone. There's no fixing that, so you should return it if you can.

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Question for you guys. Do you know what the minimum requirements are for the SD card? I want to keep a playlist on an sd card in the car if no phone signal at some point while driving.