GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R20 Unitronic Chipped First Drive

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Yes, it is stage1+

You can definitely see in the video, both the outside cam and the night pass,
it is very clear that there's no exhaust present. so, no stage 2.

also, the car is dsg equipped but we havent flashed the new gearbox yet, and in order to keep the quick function of the gear changes, boost is kept at a modest 1,26bar.

I have no dyno of the car at that stage, but I have a dyno plot of the stage 2 hpfp file.
mind you, even this stage 2 diagramm is for stock dsg, meaning a modest pressure of 1,36bar,
precisely tuned at the torque limits of the stock DQ500 dsg transmission.

When we finish our stage2 R20, dsg will be also flashed, and therefore turbo pressure will be much-much higher than that ;)
From my experience in the same engine and same hardware and of course software, finished stage2 with dsg flashed will be at around 340-345hp at the wheels, and around 50-51kg of torque.

Maybe I will be able to do a video where two R20's will run each other.
One like this in the video, and the other with our complete hardware and of course the more powerful software installed.

Below are 2 pics from Unitronic's engine dyno development. Nice data for the tech-hungry :)

thanks again, and if you have any questions just shout! :w00t:

p.s.
Mischievous, what is Vtech?

Hi matie,

Vtech is a Swedish tuning company that I've been working very closely with. I've recently remapped my mates Scirocco (Stg 1), Golf R (Stg 1) and Audi A3 (Stg 2) with Milltek turbo back with insanely impressive results.

There a quite a few tuning companies in town and I reckon they're kinda stoked with the Vtech remap as it's been talk of the town. If you'd like more details email jonatan@vtech.se

In my thread Gaby's progress you'll see Vtech's dyno charts for stock golf R (270bhp / 380nm) vs Stg 1 tune (322bhp / 483nm).

FinalOne

Ready to race!
Re Petro???! ti ginetai re? na steilo to diko mou GTI stin Athina na mou to kaneis AWD??!!??

pop-R-

Passed Driver's Ed
Petro am waiting :)
Yes, it is stage1+

You can definitely see in the video, both the outside cam and the night pass,
it is very clear that there's no exhaust present. so, no stage 2.

also, the car is dsg equipped but we havent flashed the new gearbox yet, and in order to keep the quick function of the gear changes, boost is kept at a modest 1,26bar.

I have no dyno of the car at that stage, but I have a dyno plot of the stage 2 hpfp file.
mind you, even this stage 2 diagramm is for stock dsg, meaning a modest pressure of 1,36bar,
precisely tuned at the torque limits of the stock DQ500 dsg transmission.

When we finish our stage2 R20, dsg will be also flashed, and therefore turbo pressure will be much-much higher than that ;)
From my experience in the same engine and same hardware and of course software, finished stage2 with dsg flashed will be at around 340-345hp at the wheels, and around 50-51kg of torque.

Maybe I will be able to do a video where two R20's will run each other.
One like this in the video, and the other with our complete hardware and of course the more powerful software installed.

Below are 2 pics from Unitronic's engine dyno development. Nice data for the tech-hungry :)

thanks again, and if you have any questions just shout! :w00t:

p.s.
Mischievous, what is Vtech?

@mischievous
Oh I see, an end user flashing device. I have seen similar from BSR (another swedish) some UK and one turkish company.
Is it open-ended so the user can play with the maps/settings?
My opinion usually is to get the best software available for the car, and let it live happily inside the ecu.

(sorry for Greek language below)
@final one
geia soy file moy. an einai na mou to steileis gia 4wd conversion, amartia einai na mi sou rikso epano kai ena big turbo. ti les?

@pop
Tha gineis o pio grigoros. telos!

FinalOne

Ready to race!
sorry for the Greek lanquage above :)

Petros: i would be really interested in this mod, after my car is out of quaranty
im just wondering if this can be done without shipping the car to Greece, big turbo included
;)