GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #43
dallasjetfan
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW CC
I paid $849 with tax for GIAC Stage I. Partly because they spent so much time and had to pull the ECU. I was a little disappointed, but it was worth it to me. Mine had the tach stop working, but they fixed it 2 days later in 15 minutes. I get the fact that they don't do much, but as a small business owner I would expect to get paid for my time also.
dallasjetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #44
Talguy
FIA GT Champion

Drives: GTI MKVI 2Dr DBP
I was quoted over $900 for labor, parts and software to have my car flashed to stage 1. I said screw that and might get it done by APR at waterfest for a flat rate of 600 for a fully loaded ECU.
APR Stg 2 :: Carbonio :: 42DD TBE :: Tiguan Pipe :: BSH Mounts :: ST :: TT LCA :: S3 Bushings :: APR Rear Sway :: Tyrol Subframe Kit & SSBB :: RSe12 (Silver) :: Hankook V12's @ 235/40/R18 :: DG SS :: HSTuning RSR :: UB & XB :: LED (interior & Exterior) :: MK7 R Reps (2Stroke LED) :: HID Fogs (5500k)
Waiting to be installed: Dreams & four corner BBK
Talguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
xXANCHORMONXx
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Paid 600 flat..
xXANCHORMONXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #46
dasVW.com

Drives: 2011 VW GTI
Wow. This just keeps getting better and better...

So I called the shop yesterday to ask them a couple more questions. My first question, is the $210 negotiable and do they ever run any promotions. Their answer was "No".

My second question, if I pull the ECU myself and bring it in, do they still charge a fee? The guy quickly responded back stating they *have* to have the car to do some other tweaks beside pulling out the ECU...

Does this make sense to anyone? I can send my ECU into APR without them ever touching my car.

Perhaps a phone call to APR to let them know what this dealer is saying?

Volkswagen MK6 GTI Comparisons: ECU UpgradesIntercoolersDownpipesCat-back ExhaustAir Intakes

Last edited by dasVW.com; 07-01-2011 at 12:38 PM.
dasVW.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #47
xGaspy
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 SB GTI /1986 VR6T Jetta Coupe
Send a message via AIM to xGaspy Send a message via MSN to xGaspy
I was quoted $180 for mine, but I know they do a bang-up job, reseal the unit and put new tamper proof screws in.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #48
Erwan
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasVW.com View Post

So I called the shop yesterday to ask them a couple more questions. My first question, is the $210 negotiable and do they ever run any promotions. Their answer was "No".

My second question, if I pull the ECU myself and bring it in, do they still charge a fee? The guy quickly responded back stating they *have* to have the car to do some other tweaks beside pulling out the ECU...

Does this make sense to anyone? I can send my ECU into APR without them ever touching my car.

Yup. Its all BS and I wouldn't pay them $210 to flash a car....
Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #49
RB06
Oval Champion

Drives: 2006 3 door 2011 5 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasVW.com View Post

DO NOT get it tuned there... Call APR or plan a road trip with friends and get it done in a surrounding state. The drive to Colorado is fun if you go through Grand Junction. Great scenery and a fun twisty road through the mountains.

RB06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #50
dasVW.com

Drives: 2011 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB06 View Post
DO NOT get it tuned there... Call APR or plan a road trip with friends and get it done in a surrounding state. The drive to Colorado is fun if you go through Grand Junction. Great scenery and a fun twisty road through the mountains.
It's like my dreams have been crushed! lol sad day.

I guess I'll be sending my ECU directly to APR. *They* can't mess it up ;-)

ah well, happy 4th everyone!

Volkswagen MK6 GTI Comparisons: ECU UpgradesIntercoolersDownpipesCat-back ExhaustAir Intakes

Last edited by dasVW.com; 07-01-2011 at 01:40 PM.
dasVW.com is offline   Reply With Quote