GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 07-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #43
btvlss

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmark View Post
Again, I know for CERTAIN that VW has the problem on their radar.

Question for those that are having the problem, does it seem to be only when the car has been driven then has sat for a couple of hours or is the problem random?
It always happened when the car was neither hot nor cold. The last time it happened to me I drove for about 5 minutes, shut the car off to go into a store, and when I came back out to start it the rpms were hovering around 300 for a few seconds before it died.
Every time it was a similar story. The frequency of it occurring increased with time. During the 3rd visit to the service department they were able to replicate it many times and it even did it on start up after they "fixed" it and I came to pick it up!
btvlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #44
W211 Beast
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 11 GTI, 11 ML350, 04 E55 AMG (SOLD)
I have also had this happen 5 or 6 times since I took delivery 2 months ago. My car is a DSG with 1200 miles...
W211 Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #45
sethmark
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 11. Black.
Seems to be somehow related to a heat soaking. My wife's 2010 Passat is the same basic car (DSG and 2.0T) and it runs like a scalded dog. She's got 22k miles on it and its never seen the dealer for anything but oil.

Last edited by sethmark; 07-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.
sethmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #46
MKCSG
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 CSG DSG Sun-Nav
I picked my 11' up on the 9th with 20 miles. I have about 250 miles on it right now and so far it has done this about 5 times.One time it took me 3 trys to get it to run.But so far it has not done it in the last 100 miles or so.
MKCSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #47
ikerumba
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 GTI AUTOBAHN Charcoal Grey DSG
What does it mean when you say that you are CERTAIN that VW has this problem on their radar? How do you know this?

When I called my VW dealer service dept, they stated they were not aware of the problem so do you think they are truly ignorant of the problem or just lying?
ikerumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #48
sethmark
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 11. Black.
I know b/c I met with the regional rep over this very issue last month. He assured me that they were actively working to find a solution.

I don't know that they've solved it yet and have an answer available to service departments, as I'm not privy to any special info, but I'm confident that they'll get a handle on it.
sethmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:22 AM   #49
Poltergeist
FIA GT Champion

Drives: The Pocket Rocket Mk6
Hai....6 Speed Manual here.

Happened twice to me and I have 4k km on it. Don't remember the first time much but the second time was after I drove it for a while and let it sit there for a couple of hours.

Gave it a little gas and it was running fine.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #50
kimsballs
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI Manual United Gray
2010, 6 speed manual, started happening to mine yesterday too. 32,000 miles, stage 2.
kimsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #51
Fleron230
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Audi
It hasn't happened to me (yet) but I'm sure it's no big deal, so why make a big deal out of it?
Fleron230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #52
kimsballs
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI Manual United Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleron230 View Post
It hasn't happened to me (yet) but I'm sure it's no big deal, so why make a big deal out of it?
Yeah my new car stutters and stalls. And I gets CEL. Probably no big deal . Genius advice. You should go into electrical engineering.
kimsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:11 AM   #53
TheoryGTI
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 GTI Autobahn 4-Door CSG
Mine does it too quite often, I have taken it to the dealer and got the "couldn't replicate, make sure you put above 91 octane in" answer. Kind of pissed me off to say the least since I only use 93 octane.

Here is the video of it doing what it does, I am sure most of you will notice it is the exact same thing your car does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-GUyAjRbE
TheoryGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #54
Skalto
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 Black GTI-2DR
I know this is an older thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdvictor View Post
Sometimes, it's just bad gas.

I have done some research on this issue as well, This seems to be a common problem with a non broken in engine and non premium gas. I picked up my car brand new and noticed that it was running slow. They used regular octane, With my experience with turbos......to use regular is like choking your motor to death slowly...

The guy at the dealership said they put in regular, I had them buy me a tank of premium, I buy a car that can do.. ""Awesomeness"" Don't cripple me coming off the lot!

Just some thoughts.
Skalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #55
VW-TX
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI AutoBahn, DSG, Candy White
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoryGTI View Post
Mine does it too quite often, I have taken it to the dealer and got the "couldn't replicate, make sure you put above 91 octane in" answer. Kind of pissed me off to say the least since I only use 93 octane.

Here is the video of it doing what it does, I am sure most of you will notice it is the exact same thing your car does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-GUyAjRbE
Hmm that isn't the problem. It isn't shuddering or about to die or die in that video.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #56
VW-TX
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI AutoBahn, DSG, Candy White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalto View Post
I have done some research on this issue as well, This seems to be a common problem with a non broken in engine and non premium gas. I picked up my car brand new and noticed that it was running slow. They used regular octane, With my experience with turbos......to use regular is like choking your motor to death slowly...

The guy at the dealership said they put in regular, I had them buy me a tank of premium, I buy a car that can do.. ""Awesomeness"" Don't cripple me coming off the lot!

Just some thoughts.
Mine has 5500 miles, and is 6 months old. Has had this issue for 4-5 months and all I run is 93 octane. It's a issue with the car, question is what.