GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 ECU

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, assuming I have borla exhaust, an APR carbonio CAI, and no other mods, would I be able to run a stage 2 ECU chip?

Also, how much of a difference is there between stages 1 and 2?

Thanks

Stevec717

Ready to race!
Is the Borla cat-back or turbo back? You really need the DP to run Stg 2.

Steve

dbest6808

Ready to race!
You will need a high flow Down pipe to run stage 2. They can be had for as cheap as a couple hundred but I would recommend buying a quality DP you get what you payfor. Its worth every penny imo. Although the peak numbers are not much higher than the peak power numbers of stage 1. the power band is much wider. Much more available power in each gear all the way to redline. The engine wont fall flat on power output around 5500 rpm like stage 1.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
But I just got the cat-backs so maybe ill invest in some nice downpipes in the future :p thanks guys

ever think about looking on the companys website for, i dunno, required hardware? Try it out sometime. All these threads about the same goddmnbdjdjjdjdjdjd thing. This is what made me leave myfastgti.com. All the people that have never eard of google. I didnt join a forum until i was stage 2. I used google and researched how to modify an F/I engine.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
It's always nice to get advice from real experienced humans and not just text, bud. What do you think this forum is for? GTI talk and help? hmm...go eat some....fruit..

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
ever think about looking on the companys website for, i dunno, required hardware? Try it out sometime. All these threads about the same goddmnbdjdjjdjdjdjd thing. This is what made me leave myfastgti.com. All the people that have never eard of google. I didnt join a forum until i was stage 2. I used google and researched how to modify an F/I engine.

Buddy, were all friends here, don't hate, I see post like yours from people and they look worse than the people asking redundant information, I'd feel for comfortable finding the same answer three times rather than just once, and I'm sure the moderators on golfmk6.com feel the same way for their users(us). Sorry but you're not an Alpha-Male dood! (sorry I didn't use google to figure out how to spell "dude"!)

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Buddy, were all friends here, don't hate, I see post like yours from people and they look worse than the people asking redundant information, I'd feel for comfortable finding the same answer three times rather than just once, and I'm sure the moderators on golfmk6.com feel the same way for their users(us). Sorry but you're not an Alpha-Male dood! (sorry I didn't use google to figure out how to spell "dude"!)

Thanks bro :clap:

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!

I guess we could always read useful threads like this one.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149

the415sessions

Passed Driver's Ed
go eat some fruit? really? hahahahahahaha