GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 04-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #29
MGoDoubleMs
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchon View Post
CR gave the 2010 Altima "Family Sedan" of the year, and they were referring to the 4cyl sedan, not the 6cyl coupe. Go read the edmunds review of these two cars, or any other relevant review of the cars I actually discussed and you'll find the Accord V6 Coupe beats the Altima V6 coupe in virtually every way.

To quote InsideLine:

"Anyway you look at it, however, the 2008 Honda Accord Coupe felt like it was engineered, designed and built to an entirely different, higher and better standard.

No contest. The Accord coupe is the one that's left, and the one that's right."
That's from 2008, not 2010. I'd probably get the 4cyl Coupe, we will have to see.
MGoDoubleMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #30
Falchon
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 MkVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoDoubleMs View Post
That's from 2008, not 2010. I'd probably get the 4cyl Coupe, we will have to see.
The 2010 Altima's and Accord's are the same gens that were out in 2008, since both were brand new for the 2008 model year IIRC. And if you're talking about going with a slow car, then you might as well not even get the coupe IMO. Looks without speed and handling seems so anticlimactic, like driving a Scion Tc or late model Tiburon.
Falchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #31
MGoDoubleMs
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchon View Post
The 2010 Altima's and Accord's are the same gens that were out in 2008, since both were brand new for the 2008 model year IIRC. And if you're talking about going with a slow car, then you might as well not even get the coupe IMO. Looks without speed and handling seems so anticlimactic, like driving a Scion Tc or late model Tiburon.
Coupe's the only version with a manual transmission. That's one of my requirements. But I think the Altima may get bumped in favor of something else anyway - the Fiesta has to fit somewhere...
MGoDoubleMs is offline   Reply With Quote