GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used MKV GTI vs new 2010 Golf 2.5L

funboi

Passed Driver's Ed
Everyone here keeps saying that the GTI is better than the regular golf. There are used certified MKV GTI's at the dealership. but I can also get a brand new 2010 Golf 2.5L for about the same price.

So which one would be a better choice?

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
All depends on what you can afford. GTI will cost more to own and operate. More expensive gas, tires, insurance, etc.

Alex.

Ready to race!
I would get the GTI, but it also depends on how old and what condition its in. Go test drive both, and see which one you like more. It really comes down to what you value in a car.

Also, keep in mind the modifications you might get in the future. For example, a GTI with a $600 ECU tune can get about 250-265 horsepower (depending on your engine, and octane).

Last edited:

IanReally

It really depends on what you are looking for. I got the 2010 golf 2.5 because I'm not interested in performance right now. I prefer the look of the MKVI golf over... well... almost anything, haha.

There are quite a few changes from the MKV to the MKVI, look into it. It is pretty easy to find comparisons online.

As previously stated by Mk6Golfer, the Golf will take less money to maintain (this will be especially so because you probably won't drive the Golf as hard since it doesn't beg for it as loudly).

Most importantly: drive both.