GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

StayStetti

Banned
1/4" because that is 1/4" on each side of the wheel
Essentially (Δ width) / 2) + (Δ offset) = Final Wheel Poke.

Man you have been of great help. Do we know the distance from the hub to the inner side of the fender by any chance? - IF not ill try to my best to determine it when I go install my mudflaps this weekend.
You got it! and no i really don't have any idea. A measurement would be great!

I just put on some 17x8 ET45 with 245/40's and my tires are right at flush with my fenders (my fronts are actually poking a slight bit, I might get my fenders rolled and pushed out just a bit to match)

Yeah that's definitely because you have massive tires on there. Those wheels are really close to OEM fitment.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
You got it! and no i really don't have any idea. A measurement would be great!

Yeah that's definitely because you have massive tires on there. Those wheels are really close to OEM fitment.

So I just went and did a couple quick measurements on my wheels. My tires only extend past my rims by ~2.4 mm. My front tires are perfectly flush with the top of the fender, my rears are about 3mm in from the fender.

Meaning, if I were to put some 225's on my wheels, I would be 2.4mm from flush in the front and ~5.4mm from flush in the back (with the wheel face being the furthest part out).

What this says to me, is that if you were to go with anything below ET43 with an 8" wheel, you are going to poke in the front. Anything below ET40 and you will poke in the rear.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
35 is flush on an 8. Are you sure about your wheel specs?
ET35 on an 8" wheel would be the same as having 22mm spacers on stock wheels. I would love to see someone put 22mm spacers on the front without poking...

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
18x 8, ET 45, stock 225 tires Stock ride height.

3/4" down on DG springs:

zee

Go Kart Champion
Awesome thread. I've sent it to be stick'd.

I hope you don't mind, I added PCD Variation bolts to your wobble bolts since wobble bolts is the nickname

FlyLo1

Ready to race!
You guy's see any issue in running a 8'' ET32 in front? I don't mind a little poke, but don't wanna be rubbing like crazy. Im currently at 24 1/2 FTG. Figure 215's would be ok, just wanna make sure before i splurge. lol

Great information. Thank you. As for spacers, how reliable would you say they are. My friend wants to put 10mm in his gti rears but i told him i wouldn't. its a 2001 VR6 GTI. And what are your thoughts on 50 mm spacers. I think those would be pushed out too far.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Great information. Thank you. As for spacers, how reliable would you say they are. My friend wants to put 10mm in his gti rears but i told him i wouldn't. its a 2001 VR6 GTI. And what are your thoughts on 50 mm spacers. I think those would be pushed out too far.

Reliable? As long as they machined properly, and the bolts are strong enough you're good. The only thing is that spacers add stress to your wheel bearings (as much as nearly any aftermarket wheel would) from the increased track width. Also, it can create oversteer. But those are pretty much the only negative effects.

10mm are fine. 50mm are fine (given that you enough room. I assume a truck or something, Never a MKVI) but they'd be bolt on spacers rather than slip on.