GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #29
ImmI
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Turbo Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
I wonder what would be involved in adding this system on a US spec car. I probably don't want to know, I imagine.
It has sensors in the interior light module in the headlining. This is not something you would want to retrofit, it seems like a PITA.
ImmI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #30
tmiw
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI 4dr Autobahn w/DSG
Send a message via AIM to tmiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmI View Post
It has sensors in the interior light module in the headlining. This is not something you would want to retrofit, it seems like a PITA.
Yeah, figured as much.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #31
Marvin
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Golf MK6 1.4TSI 'SE' 122PS - 5dr
How many makes or manufacturers of cars are available in N.America compared with here, in the UK. It would seem, from my limited knowledge, not so many. I'll have a look at my WhatCar magazine and see how many makes we can have, assuming of course we can afford to buy them!

Let's start with Audi, BMW, Mercs, Vauxhall, Ford, VW, Citroen, Peugeot, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Kia, Ford and on and on and on.................................. I'll count the actual number later and post here.

Done the count, according to Whatcar there are ca. 44 makes of car including exotica such as Ferrari, Lamboghini etc. and Rolls Royce.

VW Golf MK6 1.4TSI 122PS 'SE' 5dr | Reflex Silver | Sunroof | MFSW | Parking Sensors | Luxury Pack | Standard Alloys |Auto lights, wipers, dimming rear view mirror - everything!!

Last edited by Marvin; 01-03-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #32
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 15 Audi S3/'15 Audi S4/'15 328dx SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by flug2012 View Post
I know, I suppose we shouldn't be complaining since we're getting the better deal in the USA.
Of course the european GTI comes with different equipment as well. Euro switch standard, upgraded center console, rear sensors and camera, upgraded head unit, upgraded color MFD, and more. It's hard to do a direct comparison...but comparing the fully loaded euro version to our fully loaded is impossible. Maybe our loaded model to their base model.

I agree that the taxation over there is pretty bad, but since I live in california it's actually not much of a stretch. The nanny laws protecting myself from myself would be worse. But again I live in california so again not much of a stretch. Lol.

And it is only getting worse here everyday so I might as well have a great history and the great cars.
2015 Alpine White BMW 328dX Touring M-Sport
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #33
flug2012
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '12 MK6 GTI, '15 MK7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Of course the european GTI comes with different equipment as well. Euro switch standard, upgraded center console, rear sensors and camera, upgraded head unit, upgraded color MFD, and more. It's hard to do a direct comparison...but comparing the fully loaded euro version to our fully loaded is impossible. Maybe our loaded model to their base model.

I agree that the taxation over there is pretty bad, but since I live in california it's actually not much of a stretch. The nanny laws protecting myself from myself would be worse. But again I live in california so again not much of a stretch. Lol.

And it is only getting worse here everyday so I might as well have a great history and the great cars.
It's hard to do an apples to apples comparison but at least we do not yet have exorbitant taxes. In Holland alone the tax on cars is 18%BTW + 20%BPM !
flug2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
tmiw
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI 4dr Autobahn w/DSG
Send a message via AIM to tmiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by flug2012 View Post
It's hard to do an apples to apples comparison but at least we do not yet have exorbitant taxes. In Holland alone the tax on cars is 18%BTW + 20%BPM !
A car is also not really necessary in most of Europe due to their much better public transit. Have to pay for it somehow.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #35
flug2012
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '12 MK6 GTI, '15 MK7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
A car is also not really necessary in most of Europe due to their much better public transit. Have to pay for it somehow.
True! Wish we had more of that here...
flug2012 is offline   Reply With Quote