GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #15
Elmexicano
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: RB Golf .:R
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfrenchman View Post
Yeah I paid the $200 for 3 years.. The way I sold it to myself was the fact that the dealership paid for all the registrations fees since it was a new car (I'm fairly new to TX, so didn't know that was a thing. It's an awesome thing.)
Yeah for sure, and it is cheaper the way you did it just getting a random numbers on the plate rather than getting a personalized thing like: GOLFR
Elmexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
blueshirts0819
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 10 GTI CG DSG, 08 G35xS.
need to get a set of tinted or color match sidemarker and lower the car, then you are set.

2010 MK6 GTI Carbon Steel, DSG (STAGE 2), AWE CCB intake, APR downpipe, Piaa H8 Yellow fog lights, body color sidemarkers, ECS 10.5mm rear spacers, Eibach Prokit Springs, 15% rear and 25% front tints, and tinted OEM euro tail lights.
blueshirts0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #17
dinkdinker
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyPunx View Post
Nice plate, but I would blur the actual numbers If I were you. You'd be surprise what people can do with a complete license plate number matched to your profile. You can't be too careful these days.
In that case I'm going to cover my front and rear license plate because everyone on the road can see it. Parking lots? Forget about it. Going to remove my plates and put them in the back every time I go to a store.

Sarcasm aside. I wouldn't be worried at all. The only people that I care about reading my plates are police and they'd only pull me over if they could catch me...
dinkdinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, gti