GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 03-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #43
McQueen77
Banned

Drives: "We only make one thing..."
CA roads are the worst, at least, so cal anyway unless you are lucky enough to live in parts of orange county. l.a. though, its 3rd world. makes the GTI a less than comfortable DD sometimes.
McQueen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #44
Cackalacka
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI manual
TL, DR

Points involved? Lawyer up. The $40-250 will pay for itself within months after insurance gets wind of it.

The only place where letters help are in camera tickets (I got out of one a year ago by annotating the picture, and writing a brief note explaining the level of uncertainty. The note to the appeals process was shorter than this post I'm writing here.)

First rule of the written word: know your audience. All your Faulkneresque prose will do, is piss off the audience. In this case (as in most) you want the audience to be your friend.
Cackalacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #45
Carbon Steel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI (6/1/10)
Bottom line, your letter is meaningless, unless you mean to piss off the judge. Your letter has an air of smart ass, and loaded with BS.

Speed limit 70, your speed 80, guilty, in some states 80 and above is reckless, yours is only written for a speed violation.

Now, if you have a good driving record, then plead guilty but request Driving School, it will cost you about 50 dollars, you can do it on line and your violation will voided, no record, no insurance implications.

You stated you were polite, cooperative etc., that is meaningful and with a good record will help you get driving school.

If you don't have a good record, well then Bend over.

Good luck and slow down.

2010 CSG GTI, 18" Detroits W/Summer Tires, Autobahn Package, DSG,RNS510 Touch Screen Nav, GTI Mat Kit,
2013 Red Turbo Beetle, Sun, Sound and Navigation, Red and Black Leather interior
Carbon Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #46
misaka
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Turbo Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Steel View Post
Bottom line, your letter is meaningless, unless you mean to piss off the judge. Your letter has an air of smart ass, and loaded with BS.

Speed limit 70, your speed 80, guilty, in some states 80 and above is reckless, yours is only written for a speed violation.

Now, if you have a good driving record, then plead guilty but request Driving School, it will cost you about 50 dollars, you can do it on line and your violation will voided, no record, no insurance implications.

You stated you were polite, cooperative etc., that is meaningful and with a good record will help you get driving school.

If you don't have a good record, well then Bend over.

Good luck and slow down.
I'm going to have to agree with this. If you want to contest, do it in person and hope the officer doesn't show. This letter is shooting yourself in the foot. I'm going to translate your letter to what the judge is going to see. You could probably just print this out and mail it in for the same effect.

Don't mean to be harsh, but you're better off either with real legal representation, or basically anything else other than this letter.
misaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #47
Phil W
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: UG Mk6
you pleaded not guilty, but still did it? yeah this isn't going to work. Well written though.
Originally Posted by Hooloowoo View Post
Someday I'm gonna run a set of Rotas.
Oh someday..
Phil W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #48
CW_GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 CW GTI
My brother tried to fight the same ticket with "I'm going with the flow of traffic". The judge asked him, were you going speed limit? No. Were you going over the speed limit? Yes. Guilty as charged.
CW_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #49
GTI-Joonster
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn CSG 4DR Manual
I did 37 at 25 limit school zone. I ended up paying about $80 but no point. It would been like $160 +/-. So yes it is worth showing up if you have time.
GTI-Joonster is offline   Reply With Quote